Thierry Henry

hartson11

yeah but will go away. Legend will survive
What should he have done? Sorry, fair play it was hands ball? Not with that kind of things at stake. You wouldnt have acted otherwise..please.

+1

if you take the time to read my post, i said i agree that any player in the world would have done the same. However, just because everyone does the same doesnt make it okay. If everyone went out and comitted an armed robbery or something, just because everyone did it wouldnt make it justified!

JackSparrow

Thierry, Thierry..., what have you done today!!!

I've lost lots of respect for that man today.. the hand ball was as clear as a tear.. Even in France people were kept in silence after they saw the replay... its not fair.., sure this things happen.., but someone said every player would do the same.., well.. NOT TRUE!

I feel sorry for Ireland...
and as for France..., they need to sack Domenech ASAP if they want to do something in South Africa!

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
by running away in wild celebration after the goal amid irish protests and knowing full well he has handballed - twice.

His team's just scored a goal, of course he's celebrated what else would he have done? Some of the reactions here and elsewhere are just plain daft!

hartson11

His team's just scored a goal, of course he's celebrated what else would he have done? Some of the reactions here and elsewhere are just plain daft!

yes of course he has celebrated - he knows he has handballed and set up a goal that will take his country to the world cup and that the whole irish team are surrounding the ref and pointing at henry, so he has to continue to celebrate wildly to avoid the disallowing of the goal. This coming from who moaned for weeks after arsenal conceded a north london derby goal whilst he was on the deck injured.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
yes of course he has celebrated - he knows he has handballed and set up a goal that will take his country to the world cup and that the whole irish team are surrounding the ref and pointing at henry, so he has to continue to celebrate wildly to avoid the disallowing of the goal. This coming from who moaned for weeks after arsenal conceded a north london derby goal whilst he was on the deck injured.

He celebrated wildly because the goal was given, nobody would do anything else, your claims that it was in some way deceitful just don't add up.

FlyLo

That's different. This was a decisive WCQ game, it's for his country and it's probably his last WC..

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
if cristiano ronaldo does the same in the clasico im sure that wouldnt be deceitful either.

If Cristiano Ronaldo does the same in the clásico I'd do exactly what I'm doing here and blame the officials, I'd also totally expect him to celebrate the goal instantly as Henry did and wouldn't question why he celebrated for an instant.

JackSparrow

I cant believe how can anyone say what Thierry did was okay.. I also love the guy.., but what he did tonight was rape against football.. Even the French people are asshamed of winning like this.. I am sure even Henry is sorry for it.. but that doesnt make it up..

It would be good if there could be video survailance for such occacions..somthineg similar as in football (NFL). It shouldnt be a problem.., specially for high importance matches like qualifications and world cup.

I am sure if C.Ronaldo would do something like this against Barca.., you would call him such ''nice'' names..:)
In that case.. you wouldnt say.. hey its just football, this things happen...

this was rape against football!!

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I cant believe how can anyone say what Thierry did was okay.. I also love the guy.., but what he did tonight was rape against football.. Even the French people are asshamed of winning like this.. I am sure even Henry is sorry for it.. but that doesnt make it up..

It would be good if there could be video survailance for such occacions..somthineg similar as in football (NFL). It shouldnt be a problem.., specially for high importance matches like qualifications and world cup.

I am sure if C.Ronaldo would do something like this against Barca.., you would call him such ''nice'' names..:)
In that case.. you wouldnt say.. hey its just football, this things happen...

this was rape against football!!

It was not rape against football, grow up. Footballers go beyond the rules and act dishonestly all the time, it's up to referees to see it and ensure fairness prevails. What Thierry did was no worse than appealing for a corner he knows is a goal kick or going down when he could stay standing up, the excessive moralising going on is quite unbelievable.

[FCB]Messi[10

Wow I can't believe this is the way that France will be qualifying for the World Cup next year, with a clear hand ball from Henry. Ireland fans must be pissed off right now, because they just got their 2010 dreams ripped apart.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Lost all respect for Henry tonight and he has the gall(the right word?) to say it was an "accident" I'm sorry Henry but no you clearly meant it you cheating pice of filth...hope you break your leg and miss out on the world cup!CUNT!!!!!

If it happened with Robbie Keane at the other end you'd be chuckling about it and the media would be banging on about "irish eyes smiling" and how it was ever so slightly naughty.

Home of Barca Fans