Thomas Muller

LeeRomeno

His technique is average, his speed/power is unexceptional, and his skills overall are non-commendable.

But damn, his intelligence and instinct is one of the best in football and maybe even the best of all attackers. This will work in his favor and give platform for an extremely consistent and successful career even in his later years. 8 world cup goals when the 2014 tournament has only just begun and he is still only 24 years old, amazing.

Yea if he continues like this, it will be Müller who breaks Ronaldos record, not Klose :p

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
His technique is average, his speed/power is unexceptional, and his skills overall are non-commendable.

But damn, his intelligence and instinct is one of the best in football and maybe even the best of all attackers. This will work in his favor and give platform for an extremely consistent and successful career even in his later years. 8 world cup goals when the 2014 tournament has only just begun and he is still only 24 years old, amazing.

This. Another Müller legend in the making. If he keeps going like this I think he will win the WC Golden Boot again, second time in a row.

Robbie

At the end of the day, the goal is to put the ball in the net. Ronaldo learned years ago to cut out the 50,0000 stepovers and just put the damn thing behind the line. Muller is brutally effective at this. Sometimes I wonder how many goals he'd be capable of in a team built around him

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
At the end of the day, the goal is to put the ball in the net. Ronaldo learned years ago to cut out the 50,0000 stepovers and just put the damn thing behind the line. Muller is brutally effective at this. Sometimes I wonder how many goals he'd be capable of in a team built around him

Which Müller? Gerd or Thomas? If the former I think he'd be scoring a boatload of more goals. The latter, not so sure. It doesn't make sense to build a team around Thomas Müller in my opinion. :p

Alarcón

Don't overrated him just yet. He is a fantastic player but 2 of his goals came from laughable defensive mistakes (especially the goalkeeper failed miserably) and 1 was a penaldo.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Don't overrated him just yet. He is a fantastic player but 2 of his goals came from laughable defensive mistakes (especially the goalkeeper failed miserably) and 1 was a penaldo.

But still, Müller seems to be the best player in the world in terms of materializing/taking advantage of those mistakes. No one else does it better than him in this regard.

Alarcón

But still, Müller seems to be the best player in the world in terms of materializing/taking advantage of those mistakes. No one else does it better than him in this regard.
Yes, that I agree on, but top top teams don't make those mistakes as often. Don't expect any of the top teams' GK to be as bad as Rui Patricio. Not even Romero.

AfricanBavarian

Yes, that I agree on, but top top teams don't make those mistakes as often. Don't expect any of the top teams' GK to be as bad as Rui Patricio. Not even Romero.

Muller has scored vs top sides numerous times and I an saying this because its sounds like your playing down his goals because he plays weaker teams that make mistakes. He has shown he can do it vs everybody, unlike typical poachers.

Alarcón

I didn't play him down, I played down the goals that he scored today. Someone needs to counter this madness or people would soon compare him to Messi.

I said nothing about his general ability, just implied that if other teams made as many mistakes as Portugal today, he would score more goals than Juste Fontaine did at 1 world cup.

Der Kaiser

Portugal is No. 4 in the world. Not saying they're a great team, but certainly not trash.

Home of Barca Fans