Thomas Muller

Trequartista

The good
You forgot Kroos.
It's really a question will Ribery wake up and start playing at his best. Last season's Ribery is not first 11 material.
Still, Van Gall won't have those headaches anytime soon if the prognosis for Robben are correct. No football for him this year.
Kroos can play anywhere behind the lone striker,with Robben out,Muller will retain his position on the right,Ribery on the left,either Kroos or a second striker centrally

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Muller's position is not right Mido... He's a second striker/AM kinda player to my knowledge.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
He's a striker and was kinda out of place with Germans... Though the tactical runs of him drifting in, Ozil going on to right to make it some what like 4-4-2 brought the best out of him.

He can't do the traditional work of a winger IMO and he also got that killer instinct for goal! Also the one group match that they lost he was left along in the wings and he couldn't do any noteworthy thing that day... The following matches his under stadning with Ozil brought the results for 'em. Just my way of understanding things though

Last edited:

Trequartista

The good
true,there was a lot of movements between Muller,Ozil and podli,he cant do the job of classic wingers but who uses old fashioned wingers nowadays,you may play as a winger and reach the goal more than your striker with the right movements

V

Valon

Kroos is an AM that's his best position. Look him at Leverkusen when he was loaned there.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
i am wondering if there is a way to put the two dots on top of the u? seeing now i was right about his potential i think the opening post is going to be edited and have his picture etc etc. so it would be nice to have the german spelling of his name :)

also that outside foot goal was amazing.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
There should be some combination of ALT + 3 numbers for it i guess. Well, i never botherd to figure that out as i have the mighty 'ü' on my keyboard ;)

You could however just copy paste it from my post too ... :)

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Is Thomas Mueller really that good, i mean he had a good world cup but every time i see him he doesn't come across as anything special

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Is Thomas Mueller really that good, i mean he had a good world cup but every time i see him he doesn't come across as anything special
Im not surprised. Thing is that his strength arent the 'classic' technical skills a la touch, dribbling, general flair. He lives off his work rate and pace in combination with a very good anticipation and off-the ball movement, that are bringing him into situations where he can score (and use his strong finishing with composure).

Thats also why he doent work too well on Bayerns flanks, where he is acting as the Robben replacement currently, b/c he doesnt have the same skillset as the dutchie. He needs to be passed the ball into space, where he can run in and score or alternatively pass the ball around. His movement isnt only helping defensively but also creating space and confusing the opponents.

SO while he works better behind the striker in munich, he works very well on Germanys flank. Sounds strange, but is due to the fact that germany builds up differently, i.e. via Özil through the center (where he can play the throughpass on the storming Müller) or the left flank (when Özil drifts there and creates space in the center for Müller to run into).

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I would add that he also has that German "never give up" character back from the old days that's working for him. And often the sheer willpower can be the deciding factor in a game.

Trequartista

The good
Im not surprised. Thing is that his strength arent the 'classic' technical skills a la touch, dribbling, general flair. He lives off his work rate and pace in combination with a very good anticipation and off-the ball movement, that are bringing him into situations where he can score (and use his strong finishing with composure).

Thats also why he doent work too well on Bayerns flanks, where he is acting as the Robben replacement currently, b/c he doesnt have the same skillset as the dutchie. He needs to be passed the ball into space, where he can run in and score or alternatively pass the ball around. His movement isnt only helping defensively but also creating space and confusing the opponents.

SO while he works better behind the striker in munich, he works very well on Germanys flank. Sounds strange, but is due to the fact that germany builds up differently, i.e. via Özil through the center (where he can play the throughpass on the storming Müller) or the left flank (when Özil drifts there and creates space in the center for Müller to run into).
Brilliant Post,anyway I think that Muller maybe a good false number nine in the future

Home of Barca Fans