Tito stepped down as Barça's coach. New coach to be announced next week.

Tomchin

Perhaps they had already talked to a coach some time ago and express him this could be a possibility that might or might not arise. I do hope it is someone from outside though. No offense to Roura or Ruby.
Barcelona's new coach will not be one of the two assistant coaches, but come from outside the club. Barcelona had plan B prepared. [rac1]

Hamzah

High Definition Member
What makes you think that it's not Rubi that they will announce as our head-coach the beginning of next week? No way that they could already have signed a high-profile coach in 1 afternoon.

That's what I'm thinking. No way we could get a big name so quick unless our reputation is that large people just pack their bags immediately.

I think the worst case scenario has unfolded and were getting rubi or roura.

Caramel

Oh shit!
Barcelona's new coach will not be one of the two assistant coaches, but come from outside the club. Barcelona had plan B prepared. [rac1]

ebc_99

Perhaps they had already talked to a coach some time ago and express him this could be a possibility that might or might not arise. I do hope it is someone from outside though. No offense to Roura or Ruby.

Good point, they may have been prepared for this.

Hamzah

High Definition Member

Wow that's great news. Maybe the first possibility I suggested was true and not the second possibility.

ab739

Dammit. This sucks. Jupp needs to be our coach. Hes the best chance we have at beating bayern and winning the champs league. With any other scrub coach we'll get steamrolled again

F

Flavia

The press conference said the new coach will be announced at the beginning of next week. That was quick. They probably have the new coach signed up already. Must have been a secret thing for the past couple of weeks if they managed to get a high profile outsider. If it was only discovered now then the only way a new manager could be so quick is if they just appoint rubi or roura.

Unless our profile is so big they think they can extract a high profile outsider in such a shirt time and have him signed up? Surely such a big decision needs more time if they only discovered this today.

There are some coaches without a club. Maybe they had a backup plan, in case this happened, or will try to get someone fast.

SoMa

Klopp, save us. Bring Reus and hummels with you. /dreams

Its going to be AVB or Bielsa. AVB supposedly has a clause in case we want him.

Home of Barca Fans