Transfers and Rumours - old thread

khaled_a_d

He's so bad at defending set pieces though :( Really a copy of Pique but much better atm

you are kidding? him and Subotic with Weidenfeller has been brilliant in controlling aerial challenges

Iñigo Martínez is the man now. Barça staff - take note!

Yup ,a young prospect who hasn't played in CL ,or with NT is the answer to our starting CB problem
kid is good ,but he can't be signed alone ,and probably it is better to let him stay one year with Sociedad specially if they reached CL ,let him get experience and se him against tougher opponents ,and he will be much cheaper (his contract ends in 2015 ) like we did with Alba

Indignado

If Bartra put on a performance like Pepe or Varane did today, people would say he isn't starter material for Barca and never will be :)

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Yup ,a young prospect who hasn't played in CL ,or with NT is the answer to our starting CB problem
kid is good ,but he can't be signed alone ,and probably it is better to let him stay one year with Sociedad specially if they reached CL ,let him get experience and se him against tougher opponents ,and he will be much cheaper (his contract ends in 2015 ) like we did with Alba

Poor logic there. Martinez has played against very strong teams this season and performed very well with a surprisingly great Sociedad side. He helped stifle Barca to our first loss in the league if you don't remember correctly. He has what it takes and a Barca fan of all people should not be overly hesitant to trust youth, especially a young player with great maturity, talent, and composure.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
That what? He's not world-class anymore?

He has never been world class, he is a young kid who had 3-4 good games (but he did look composed for his age, ok) - let's judge him after a couple of seasons. But after tonights display he was anything but world class.

khaled_a_d

If Bartra put on a performance like Pepe or Varane did today, people would say he isn't starter material for Barca and never will be :)

If he ever played a game that was half good what Varane played against us in CDR ,Barca fans would have considered him the greatest thing since electricity
The if argument can go both ways

khaled_a_d

Poor logic there. Martinez has played against very strong teams this season and performed very well with a surprisingly great Sociedad side. He helped stifle Barca to our first loss in the league if you don't remember correctly. He has what it takes and a Barca fan of all people should not be overly hesitant to trust youth, especially a young player with great maturity, talent, and composure.

I am not against bringing him ,but I am against bringing him as the only CB for us
I am sorry but when it comes to CB I've to be hesitant ,when your CBs are injury prone Puyol ,a player who needs a leader beside him and a mid-fielder ,we need a better immediate help ,we need someone who can be a leader ,a player wh can help the other young guys to be brought easily ,it is just the situation right now isn't optimum for that
And btw ,All Zubi signing had much more experience (played with NT and in CL),I honestly doubt he is interested in Martinez

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans