Transfers and Rumours - old thread

mixer

Fiorentina have been in touch with the agent of Alexis Sanchez (24), who could replace Jovetic at the Italian club next season. [gazzetta]

Lets sell him for 30M and buy some world class players ffs

mixer

Barcelona are among the many European clubs interested in Benfica attacker Nicolas Gaitan (25). [record via fichajes]

His stats arent impressive

Games Started 17, As a sub 13
Goals 3
Assists 1

Last edited:

sabby

Barcelona are among the many European clubs interested in Benfica attacker Nicolas Gaitan (25). [record via fichajes]

His stats arent impressive

Games Started 17, As a sub 13
Goals 3
Assists 1

He's 173cm... sorry, we don't sign anyone taller than 170cm, its against our playing style.

AvocadoCake

Barcelona want the new centre back they'll buy this year to be left footed, young but nonetheless experience at top level, and fast. [sport]

Inigo Martinez is left footed :pep:

84d83723eb6d2df755ee95f1afd99659.png

Source: Transfermarkt

Sakho, Badstuber, Juan Jesus and Moreno stand out (assuming we won't be getting our hands on Nastasic any time soon).

TheOne

Who is this? Inter's GK?

Is he any good?

Handanovic is an excellent goalkeeper, but it is a big question whether Inter will let him go. But then again, if 30 million offer is actually anything else but a rumour, it would be hard to deny it. It would probably be hard for Inter to motivate Handanovic aswell, if they denied the offer.

[video=vimeo;56088828]http://vimeo.com/56088828[/video]

Handanovic has been flying under the radar for years now and is probably one of the most underated goalkeepers out there.

Viscabarca

Hey! ,
Hell you fans... people calling themselves Barca Fans... although we played too bad... but juz an undeserved 4-0 scoreboard and suddenly therz panic all around...Although its juz been 5 yrs since I've been a Barca fan... I never followed this team for mere scoreboard and possession stats... I followed us coz we have history , we have values , we have culture , we are family...
I didn't committed in for seeing them win all the trophies every year... I knew there are going to be good times and bad times... But what I chose was the spirit they played with...
How many times have we been told that we are finished? Every time! Wen we started our Golden Era , we were told we were finished ( departure of Ronaldinho , Eto , Deco etc.) but were we? No , we came back strong took the world by storm. And we will do it every time anyone dare to think of that.
I know we are not going to turn the tables at The Camp Nuo ( *that wat my mind says... my heart will never lose hope on us) but the fact that we are Best Team in The World coz people are still asking questions " Can FCB do the impossible?". No one talks about any team behind by 4-0 , that's FCB.
On our worst days we are like we were yesterday , but on our best days we can do ANYTHING ( Real 5-0 , Milan 4-0....). I just hope that we don't start doubting ourselves coz some @ssh0le around us is vomiting some $hit on us... coz believe me we are going to make em eat back.
We are not in some crisis or we are not going to get relegated.We are doin good but not juz good enough , aswe call it perfection.
We just need 4 problems which needs to be addressed in span of 1 year...
Necessary Summer signings:
1. We need a world class CB. Just one.Hummels is the best option and if not we should go for T. Silva as he can give us 4 yrs time for at least sorting the problem( no risks involved). We got Pique , Puyol , Masch. Its very important that we keep on rotating Bartra next season (he has talent juz dint had nerves to handle such a big match ) and may be Muniesa too. So we will have 4 world class CB and and two young talents. ($30M)
2. A world class GK. Valdes has been great and you will realize wen he leaves. FcB Gk is the hardest shoes to fill in.There have been some crucial errors but Valdes has given highest any Gk can give. We should respect his decision and find someone who can atleast be like Valdes someday. A young Gk who is comfortable on the ball , good shot stopper and good distributor of the ball. The best option I can see is Marc Ander ter Stegen , got all the qualities that is required or else T. Courtois can be the next best option. ($15M)
Summer/Winter signings depending on budget :
3. PLAN B. A striker who is physically strong tall , clinical finisher , good header of the ball and good in the air.We should consider cheaper option like Dzeko , Giroud , Carrol , Lewandowski even Rooney would be good but only if its a bargain. (not more than $20M).
4. Cut MESSI some slack : This little King of ours has been taking all the burden of our expectations from last four years and never failed us not even complained ( * not talking bout results). And its like this burden gets heavier with every season passing.The three players who at the moment can take a liitle burden off from the Little Lion are C. Ronaldo (*hate to admit) , G. Bale and Neymar.The idea is GET NEYMAR.A lot of people say he is over-rated and he would flop , may be. But what if he is not ,
it might be a genius stroke not only on football pitch but economically. He would create a market in Brazil that we didn't even had in the day of Ronaldinho. The case of Bale is RM will buy him for sure , he wouldn't fit in here , he won't have market impact as Neymar has and we don't have $100 M to waste on one player (*kidding).And talking about the huge money for Neymar , it will just be matter of years or two to recover the amount given the sales of jersey & image rights. ($50M)

Transfers in: $30M + $15M + $20M + $50M = ($115M).
To make such huge financial changes we need to offload some players. Players who have been great for us like Valdes & Villa but due to their age and willingness to go for new pastures it would be good if we gave chances to the new generation. Players who have talent but have been unlucky Sanchez and Song.
Transfers out:
Valdes($10M) + Villa($12M) + Sanchez($25M) + Song($15M) = ( approx $60M).
Total expenditure : Something we can economically afford Approx $ 50M in an year.
Loan out: Tello/ G. Deulofeu / Cuenca and Barta / Muniesa/ J Dos Santos/ S. Roberto
Measures for Decade :
1.Trust in Fabregas and Thiago. Give him proper playing time in midfield not offense and let him share position and equal playing time with Xavi , that can ensure there is smooth generation switch.
2.Either promote G. Deulofeu to first team or send him on loan(EPL to a lower team or any 1st league where he is guaranteed playing time), a very bright future prospect.
3.Tello has something that can give another dimension to our style , he just need playing time.

No of Positions (Options).
GK: Ter Stegen or Courtois , Pinto , Oier 1 (3).
CB: Puyol , Pique , Hummels , Masch , Bartra/Muniesa , *Abidal 2 (6).
Wing Backs: RB :Alves/Montoya/*Adriano LB:Alba/Abidal/*Adriano 2(5).
CDM: Sergio , * Masch , Dos Santos 1(3).
MID: Xavi, *Iniesta , Fabregas , Thiago , S. Roberto 2(5).
Wings: Perdro, Tello , Deulofeu , Neymar , *Iniesta , *Messi , Cuenca 2(6).
Striker : *Messi , New signing 1(2).

Every position has more than 3 options apart from striker which is not what we play like more often.
Plan B : Substitution players(next season) : New Striker , Thiago , Tello/Neymar.
Imo success is never guaranteed... but at least these changes can ensure that days like these never come again and hopefully we can reclaim the title that we never really lost...
" THE GREATEST TEAM IN WORLD HISTORY".
So to all the Barcelona Fans.
" Keep Calm and Follow on ".

Visca El Barca!

Home of Barca Fans