Transfers and Rumours - old thread

khaled_a_d

Why aren't we doing transfers like Bayern? A blink of an eye and they have Mario Gotze and Lewandowski :shrug:

1-because they have better management than the current Barca management
2-they have more money
3-they aren't doing it all like this ,remember who long they have negotiated to get Martinez?

Kubala

Martinez looks good, but surely we need experience at CB? Pique needs someone alongside him who can organise so I don't think spending big money on potential again is the answer.
Silva looks the best bet, but would be silly money.
As a cheap option, I think Mathieu has looked excellent at CB for Valencia. 1.94m tall, quick, experienced in La Liga + Europe and his time at LB mean he is comfortable on the ball and has a good left foot.
Also, Coloccini from Newcastle, then when he replaces Puyol, no-one will even know!

As a forward, I agree that we need someone with different attributes and the stand-out player for me is Cavani. Plays in 4-3-3, natural goalscorer, quick, mobile, good in the air. Expensive, but proven I think.

Two players is all we need, and the right two mean we will be back dominating Europe again next year.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Athletic Bilbao are reportedly eager to bring back ‘the one that got away’ as they have recently submitted an €8 million bid to Real Betis for the summer transfer of defensive midfielder and Athletic Bilbao youth product, Beñat Etxebarria.

SEvolution

Atletico Madrid have announced their first piece of transfer business ahead of the end of La Liga season.

Uruguayan defender Jose Maria Gimenez has signed a five-year contract with the current UEFA Europa League holders after Atletico agreed an undisclosed fee with his club Danube.

lovebarca

can anybody translate Bartomeu's interview today where he mention there will be changes in the summer.Because article doesn't mention number but some site mentioned 4-5 changes will be made.I mean that's good,we need striker,GK ,DF and what else?

khaled_a_d

can anybody translate Bartomeu's interview today where he mention there will be changes in the summer.Because article doesn't mention number but some site mentioned 4-5 changes will be made.I mean that's good,we need striker,GK ,DF and what else?

well ,you can argue we need 2 CBs not just 1 , A case can be made for a new full back to replace Alves (whether directly or beeing Montoya back up or a LB and shift Adriano as Montoya back up) ,Also we might need a winger and a striker
so GK,CB,Forward should be come ,with 1-2 of another CB,another forward and a full back
Also he might be counting Alberto if we sign him from Sevilla

oz187

If they want to go dramatic, I suppose they could sign Hummels, Reus, Neymar and another cheap CB for around 100M. To raise the funds they'd have to sell Villa and Alexis, maybe the likes of Barta and JDS too.

KluivertsBoots

He doesn't give a specific number. He just says there will be reinforcements, and that certain areas of the team need to be improved.

Of course, any supposed number would depend on sales anyway (which haven't yet occured of course). The first team is overbooked, and we are guaranteed to see multiple current first teamers leave. There will be more departures than arrivals.

He also stated that Tito will be the coach next year.

D

Don_Andrés

With all this speculation about the keepers were being linked with, I've come to the conclusion that Zubi knows nothing about Goalkeeping :lol:.
:zubi: qué?

Y

Youngie

Personally: #1 choice for GK = David de Gea. #1 & #2 (i.e. both) choices for CB = Vincent Kompany & Iñigo Martínez

To raise the funds they'd have to sell Villa and Alexis, maybe the likes of Barta and JDS too.

You know how things work at Barça. It's nearly always loan first. Like Alexis would be loan to Juve (example) and they could buy him for €20M sometime. The usual BS.

JdS will go nowhere. He'd rather hang out with his pals at the club.

Last edited:

Andrew M

Personally: #1 choice for GK = David de Gea. #1 & #2 (i.e. both) choices for CB = Vincent Kompany & Iñigo Martínez

You know how things work at Barça. It's nearly always loan first. Like Alexis would be loan to Juve (example) and they could buy him for €20M sometime. The usual BS.

JdS will go nowhere. He'd rather hang out with his pals at the club.

We should stop thinking about De Gea because he would cost a bomb. Utd spent about 20 million on him only in summer 2011

Home of Barca Fans