Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Paganinisrvnge

Why wouldn't have Heynckes just stayed at Bayern if he wanted to continue to coach? He's a phenomenal coach but from what I understood, he wanted to retire.

Indignado

I also heard he wants to retire.

I think he once said Bayern would be his last club but he wanted to extend his contract and continue after this season. After they announced their deal with Pep there were some rumors of him going to Schalke and he said he even would reconsider his plans of retiring.

KhaledBarca

1 CB
1 LB (defensive minded)
Neymar

If Valdes leaves ===> 1 GK
If Villa leaves ===> 1 CF

So for next season we need 3-5 transfers + Deulofeu and Sergi Roberto.

AvocadoCake

If we are going to lower ourselves and buy a brutal cynical thug we may as well get Pepe , who's proven in La Liga

He's proven to be a La Liga player who tries to defend, not proven to be a quality player. Did you see what Lewandowski did to him? I'd MUCH rather have Ivanovic than Pepe (not that I'd really want either).

Zincubus

Banned
He's proven to be a La Liga player who tries to defend, not proven to be a quality player. Did you see what Lewandowski did to him? I'd MUCH rather have Ivanovic than Pepe (not that I'd really want either).

Ivanovic has been embarrassed many times this season , he's just a cynical bully ala Pepe . I recall seeing Maloney , a run of the mill player ( Wigan) giving him a runaround a few months ago - what did Ivanovic do ?? He punched Maloney in the kidneys on an off the ball incident , left Maloney prone on the ground on the half way line !!

Theconomist

I think a perfect (realistic) summer for us would be :
In: martinez,handanovic,neymar
out: villa,valdes,jds,sanchez(if a big offer comes in), affelay
promoted:deulofeu,roberto
Squad:
GK:Handanovic,Pinto,Oier
Defence: Alves,Martinez,Mascherano,Abidal,Puyol,Pique,Alba,Bartra,Adriano,Montoya (when all fully fit then rotate but since that will never be the case then just leave it be, 10 players for 4 posts isn't too much especially when once considers that Puyol and Adriano are very injury prone and Abidal's long term health is uncertain.
Midfield: Xavi,Iniesta,Cesc,Song,Busq,Roberto,Thiago
Attack:Messi,Neymar,Sanchez,Pedro,Tello,Deulofeu,Cuenca

It's a very good squad to fight on all fronts.

Darko

can Handanovic play the ball out from the back,is he any good with his feet?
he is a good keeper from what I have seen but not Barca material

can Handanovic play the ball out from the back,is he any good with his feet?
he is a good keeper from what I have seen but not Barca material

Apparently he's been the best GK in Serie A this season. Better than Buffon.

I'd still get someone like Ter Stegen, Courtois or De Gea over him though. Especially if the rumor of him costing 30m is true.

Home of Barca Fans