Transfers and Rumours - old thread

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Welcome to the forum! :)

I agree that changes have to be made and that includes transfers, but the main focus should be to fix what we have and then look for outside help on what we are lacking. I'd say the priority are to fix the vital issue of not pressing and getting complacent as well as continuous movement off the ball in attack.

Along with that we absolutely need to reinforce our defense with one or maybe even two CB's.

The last main priority is to develop the young players we have (Bartra, Montoya, Tello, Thiago, Deulofeu, etc.) and help them step up so that they are actual important members of the team at the present, not just players for the future.

After that, it'd be smart to clear out dead weight (Afellay, Bojan, JDS, Fontas, etc.) and make some good transfers for overall depth and team strength such as a forward.

Kerrybai

For me, i think a great next season ambitious starting 11 would be:

Courtois
Alves - Pique - Thiago Silva - Alba
Xavi - Busquets - Iniesta
Messi - Lewandowski - Neymar

If we can get rid of Cesc, Valdes and Sanchez then let it be, we have other players to replace them.

I don't see Courtois happening, it would be a great move but I think Chelsea will ask for a very night price. I see us sticking with Valdes until 2014. Thiago Silva is another one I don't see happening simply because his price tag will be huge, in around the 40 million mark, but of course a CB is essential so we should go all out to get a quality CB, and possibly luck to pick up a second upcoming CB for a decent price.

The Neymar deal looks sealed, it will be interesting to see how that impacts our transfer budget. I hope we don't go for a cheap CB because of Neymar's transfer, I have heard rumours that we put away 40 million for Neymar last season so he may not impact this seasons budget.

Regarding Lewandowski, Messi won't be moved to the wing. It's simply not going to happen and quite rightly too. Messi is sensational through the middle and that has not changed, what has changed is the way we play. For the false 9 to work against a good defence our wingers have to cut inside and take up positions in front of Messi, essentially acting as a battering ram against the opposition CB's. Against Bayern this didn't happen, but that can change, the team just needs to be given the right orders. Villa seems to be the best in the squad at doing this and hopefully Neymar will do the same.

khaled_a_d

Welcome to the forum! :)

I agree that changes have to be made and that includes transfers, but the main focus should be to fix what we have and then look for outside help on what we are lacking. I'd say the priority are to fix the vital issue of not pressing and getting complacent as well as continuous movement off the ball in attack.

Along with that we absolutely need to reinforce our defense with one or maybe even two CB's.

The last main priority is to develop the young players we have (Bartra, Montoya, Tello, Thiago, Deulofeu, etc.) and help them step up so that they are actual important members of the team at the present, not just players for the future.

After that, it'd be smart to clear out dead weight (Afellay, Bojan, JDS, Fontas, etc.) and make some good transfers for overall depth and team strength such as a forward.

I think one of the top priorities is to decide which of this guys we decide to stick with ,don't get me wrong I like all of them and I like our la Masia ,but a club like us can't develop such amount of young players in the same times ,I think we have tough decisions to make about them
right now players who are born in 1991 or after in the team or will be promoted due to their contracts are :Bartra, Montoya, Tello, Thiago, Deulofeu,Rafinha,Munisia,Cuenca,Sergi Roberto ,that is about 9 players ,I can't really see the team properly developing more than 5 of them without hurting the team due to lack of experience ,some needs to go on loan at least

Zincubus

Banned
Roberto may not be playing well with the b team, but he has looked good every time he has played with the big boys and that's all that matters,

Sell cesc promote rafa and Roberto

Buy one defender and only one, and neymar and that's it.

Why on earth would we ever sell Cesc ( again) ?

He's not even reached his peak yet and he's getting better and better ..

Last edited:

LeoMessi10

Why on earth would we ever sell Cesc ( again) ?

He's not even reached his peak yet and he's getting better and better ..

Amen. Give him 2 years while hes behind two of the best players in history then dump him? Sounds stupid to me too. Cesc is honestly hit or miss in False 9 as he was with spain in the Euro but when it did work it worked really well. He just needs to get his time in midfield which he rarely does but he will soon with Xavi getting older and more injury prone and such.

Ursegor

World Champion
Zorc (sports director Dortmund): "Hummels on his way to Barça? Mats Hummels will definitely still play with us next season!" [sport1]

khaled_a_d

I doubt that he'll stick to that when Barca offer a lot of money for Hummels.

They will ,I hate that but they are a team with a very good project ,and if they reach the final this season and with selling Both Gotze & Lewa ,money won't be an issue for them
in fact I can see them spending a lot in the market now rather than selling more players

Irish_Cules

Hummels probably will stay. If Gotze stayed this summer Hummels probably would have left but Gotze leaving and possibly Lewandoski will make Dortmund more determined to hold on to the rest of their star players.

Theconomist

Hummels probably will stay. If Gotze stayed this summer Hummels probably would have left but Gotze leaving and possibly Lewandoski will make Dortmund more determined to hold on to the rest of their star players.

Plus persistent rumors linking Reus to City, he's on 70k a week only and City could double that easily. His buy out clause could be triggered, it's less than 40m

loozy

What persistent rumours? Haven't heard about any of those. Do you have a link?

Does Hummels have a buyout clause?

khaled_a_d

What persistent rumours? Haven't heard about any of those. Do you have a link?

Does Hummels have a buyout clause?

it is on goal , not sure if the reports about buyout is true ,and no Hummels has no release clause ,he is loyal player after all and he won't leave w/o their permission

loozy

Goal cannot be taken seriously, tbh, especially when it comes to transfer rumours. I have neither heard/nor read anything about that in the German media so wouldn't put too much money on it :)

Home of Barca Fans