Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
1 CB
1 LB (defensive minded)
Neymar

If Valdes leaves ===> 1 GK
If Villa leaves ===> 1 CF

So for next season we need 3-5 transfers + Deulofeu and Sergi Roberto.

Sergi Roberto doesn't deserve a place in the first team based on his performances during the season. He's been disappointing and not close to as good as Rafinha. It would send a strange signal to the youth and reserve players: that they can get a chance with the first team despite playing poorly.

Theconomist

Apparently he's been the best GK in Serie A this season. Better than Buffon.

I'd still get someone like Ter Stegen, Courtois or De Gea over him though. Especially if the rumor of him costing 30m is true.

Handanovic is much better than all 3 you've mentioned, they're young keepers whereas Handa would fit right in. The whole he has to pass and be good with his fit is BS. De Gea won't move, Ter Stegen i'm not sure how much he'd cost...+ he's german which brings it's own difficulties (I'd rather have a more experienced keeper in that case). Chelsea will never sell us Courtois, moreso if Mou moves to Chelsea next season.
If Handa costs less than 15 mill then we should go for him. If he costs more then maybe think about raiding United for De Gea. Inter might be forced to sell if they don't get CL football which looks likely.

Martinez is a much better option than the other names being touted as potential CBs: Silva ishas a contract until 2017 and is being paid insane wages at Paris+ he likes it there.
Kompany has been off form for a season now and we've already got an off form CB, plus he would cost a lot of money, remember you're trying to buy from City.
Vertonghen will cost a lot, he's happy at Spurs+ they'll almost certainly sell Bale already so won't have any need to sell Vert.
Hummels - injury prone and german+ Dortmund won't sell anyone else, they openly said this. Gotze and Lewa are already leaving so I don't see them destroying their entire team.
Martinez isn't a WC cb but he's young,spanish, cheap and potentially WC. Besides with all the options we'll have next season if fully fit we'll need a CB like him that won't mind being rotated.

D

Don_Andrés

Sergi Roberto doesn't deserve a place in the first team based on his performances during the season. He's been disappointing and not close to as good as Rafinha. It would send a strange signal to the youth and reserve players: that they can get a chance with the first team despite playing poorly.

While Pique constantly plays? What signal does that send to the first team?

D

Don_Andrés

Plus he slow and sluggish. Imagine him paired with Pique :lol: I also don't think he's capable of playing consecutive games.
I think if your looking to the PL for defenders, the only ones that fit the bill are Kompany and Vertonghen.

KluivertsBoots

The Spanish papers are probably going to pick up on the latest English tabloid gossip tomorrow regarding Cesc. They are saying Cesc will ask for a move back to Arsenal if Barca decide to use the cash as part of the "squad rejuvenation" this summer. Don't be surprised to see it in Spanish papers tomorrow.

D

Don_Andrés

The Spanish papers are probably going to pick up on the latest English tabloid gossip tomorrow regarding Cesc. They are saying Cesc will ask for a move back to Arsenal if Barca decide to use the cash as part of the "squad rejuvenation" this summer. Don't be surprised to see it in Spanish papers tomorrow.

This is an old trick Rupert Murdock pulls with his papers in the UK and the USA. He run's a story in one of his UK newspapers, it's then reported in a newspaper in the US, this act's as confirmation for the paper in the UK, which originally run the story. Thus creating a story when non really existed. Self serving bunch of idiots, it's gonna be a long summer :angry:.

What about another story. Cesc say's he's ain't going nowhere and he's gonna knuckle down and wants to prove his worth to the Barca fans. Only problem is the newspapers don't like that story because it doesn't create speculation.

khaled_a_d

While Pique constantly plays? What signal does that send to the first team?

He is playing b/c he is the best player in his position ,which is unfortunate and says a lot about our defense right now ,Pique is also a proven player not a prospect
If we promoted any mid-field player from Barca b next year Rafinha is the guy

jamrock

Roberto may not be playing well with the b team, but he has looked good every time he has played with the big boys and that's all that matters,

Sell cesc promote rafa and Roberto

Buy one defender and only one, and neymar and that's it.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Ojamaa (Motherwell): "Every team needs a player like Michael (Higdon) who is in the box when you need him to be. Barça could do with Higgy!"

Make it happen. :lol:

iamjoel

For me, i think a great next season ambitious starting 11 would be:

Courtois
Alves - Pique - Thiago Silva - Alba
Xavi - Busquets - Iniesta
Messi - Lewandowski - Neymar

If we can get rid of Cesc, Valdes and Sanchez then let it be, we have other players to replace them.

Home of Barca Fans