Transfers and Rumours - old thread

karthik

Why would we buy Marquinhos when we already have an experienced player Bartra (S.Gomez, Muniesa).
We need a World Class experienced player (T.Silva, Hummels, Kompany) or maybe Vertonghen!

From what I have seen, Marquinhos is at a very high level when compared with the other barcelona youngsters. He is on his way to become a great player and once when he is, there will be bidding wars !

Trickykid

Any sane defender would think twice coming to Barcelona now

1. We will be going through a transitional period

2. Our defenders hardly get any physical help from the midfielders.

Any sane defender would love to be part of this Barca project. Just the notion if playing alongside some of the greatest players ever, would probably be enough to persuade most players to join us. Besides, you're making it out as if we won't be winning anything for the forseeable future, in which you're obviously wrong.

karthik

Any sane defender would love to be part of this Barca project. Just the notion if playing alongside some of the greatest players ever, would probably be enough to persuade most players to join us. Besides, you're making it out as if we won't be winning anything for the forseeable future, in which you're obviously wrong.

I may be wrong. I wish I am. But hey, no one knows. We can't deny that, we have issues to address.

KhaledBarca

From what I have seen, Marquinhos is at a very high level when compared with the other barcelona youngsters. He is on his way to become a great player and once when he is, there will be bidding wars !

Yeah maybe he is very talented, but we need an experienced player!
Last time I watched Marquinhos was vs Lazio, he did a very stupid mistake leading to penalty!

Trickykid

I may be wrong. I wish I am. But hey, no one knows. We can't deny that, we have issues to address.

Of course we have issues to address, and which defender wouldn't want to be part of fixing these issues? We still have one of the most talented squads out there, and I honestly doubt our club has lost much of what made it so extremely attractive over the last half decade or so.

abual3bed1

Yeah maybe he is very talented, but we need an experienced player!
Last time I watched Marquinhos was vs Lazio, he did a very stupid mistake leading to penalty!

We do need an experienced player to step in right away and lead the back line. Marquinhos is talented but still a 19 year old kid.

KhaledBarca

Cuenca: “I would tell Sergi and Marc that Ajax is a great option”

Posted at: 15:05 on Tuesday, May 7, 2013 Category: Interviews, News, Transfer Rumours, Youth Written by: Jeffrey

In an interview with El Mundo Deportivo‘s Oriol Domenèch, Isaac Cuenca discussed his season, his future at the club, and the possible future of other Barcelona youngsters.

The 22-year old winger celebrated winning the Dutch Eredivisie with Ajax this past weekend. Although he only featured in three of the league matches, he feels happy to be at Ajax and hopes to stay for another season. Asked how his experience at Ajax has been, he replied: “It has been great. With the exception of the bad time I had because of my knee injury, my first months were good. It is the first time I’ve lived abroad and it’s wonderful to be part of a club that is great at all levels. And of course, the title.”

The attacker commented that his knee feels fine now and that he will work hard in the summer so he can be at his best starting the next season, preferably at Ajax. “This team is good for me, because I get to play more than at Barça. I know that the club [Barça] is bigger, but I’m happy here and want to continue for another season.”

Barcelona directors Zubizaretta and Raul Sanllehí discussed a longer loan period with Ajax colleagues Michael Kinsbergen and Marc Overmars last Tuesday. The Dutch side wants to not only take care of Isaac Cuenca next season, but also wants to try and get Marc Muniesa and Sergi Roberto from the Catalan club. Asked about them, Isaac Cuenca said the following: “It’s a personal matter, it depends on what you want. I would tell them, and everyone in general, that if you want a team that plays like Barça and have playing time in the Champions League; Ajax is a great option.” Concerning the style of play, he added that they are remarkably similar and that the differences are in the clubs’ budgets: “Barça is the best team in the world, because you can’t sign their star players. At Ajax, their best players leave every three or four years.”

The Catalan winger also had positive words about his manager Frank de Boer: “Frank de Boer is a leader in the locker room, everyone respects him. He knows a lot about football and his training exercises are very educational. He has been very nice to me personally, especially speaking in Castilian. Frank will be a great coach.”

Finally he also spoke about the semi-finals against Bayern Munich: “I followed the team live and suffered greatly. I’m a culé at heart and they have been my colleagues and friends for years. It’s time to trust the team and be closer to them than ever.” Besides that, he had positive words about FC Barcelona’s season in general: “As an outsider, I would rate a team that has reached the semi-finals and won their league to be very good. The only negative aspect is the outcome of the tie in the semi-finals, but the league they have won is extraordinary.”

Source: El Mundo Deportivo, Image Credit: fcbarcelona.cat

Read more: http://www.totalbarca.com/2013/news...rc-that-ajax-is-a-great-option/#ixzz2ScTSFAUD

SeloBarca

"Tottenham are interested in midfielder Alex Song (25), although a transfer would only be an option if they qualify for next season's CL [md]"

If we get a couple of CB, we can start using masch as a DM together with Busi again, so im not totally against it if it can bring in some extra transfermoney to play with.

KhaledBarca

Song is 4 years younger than Mascherano and he suits our system better than Mascherano.
Song has done fine this season as a backup for Busquets, next season he'll be even better.

IF we can buy a CB like (ex: Kompany/T.Silva/Hummels...), we hve to sell Masche...

Last edited:

El Guaje

Barcelona are making another attempt to sign PSG centre back Thiago Silva (28). Asking price is 45M. Pedro could be included. [cope]

Yes, yes, yes! Do it!!

edit: saw that this has already been posted. But, cope, are they reliable?

Home of Barca Fans