Transfers and Rumours - old thread

lovebarca

Song is 4 years younger than Mascherano and he suits our system better than Mascherano.
Song has done fine this season as a backup for Busquets, next season he'll be even better.

IF we can buy a CB like (ex: Kompany/T.Silva/Hummels...), we hve to sell Masche...
That guy is really given his full effort to stay at barca.
first he forced his transfer,adjusted new position and almost remained injury free during entire season at barca.
man you know mascherano put his heart out for barcelona in defence whenever he played.
And you want to reward that with his transfer because he has option?
he is thoroughly dedicated to barca.
I dont think so he should be transferred.

sabby

Plus having a DM like mascherano will save a lot of heart attacks to our defense, especially if they don't buy any good WC CB. Busi can play the xavi role with Xavi and Iniesta as Attacking Mids. Mind you that its not double pivot, just an extra defensive screen in Mascherano and I don't need to remind anyone of his long ball quality. :) Playing Messi and another striker (probably Neymer the way thins are going) will be enough and our wingbacks can provide the width.

LeoMessi10

Plus having a DM like mascherano will save a lot of heart attacks to our defense, especially if they don't buy any good WC CB. Busi can play the xavi role with Xavi and Iniesta as Attacking Mids. Mind you that its not double pivot, just an extra defensive screen in Mascherano and I don't need to remind anyone of his long ball quality. :) Playing Messi and another striker (probably Neymer the way thins are going) will be enough and our wingbacks can provide the width.
There's just no way we don't buy a world class CB

cro-man

Bench pique and buy hummels and Marquinhos done! Pique did nothing to deserve his place. He should fight for his place if he can take his place ok but i dont think he would win against a good defender like hummels... Are we really that blind that we cant see that our whole defense is shitt??? I think we will do bad transfers like we always do so we have to watch the ball in our net....

Last edited:

Meitux

Clearly... If Pique is similar to Hummels, then Hummels is similar to Subotic (both 1m90) and it walks well at Dortmund so why not in Barcelona ?
the fact is that Pique is shit and needs to be benched,and there we need Hummels... not easy to have Hummels and Thiago Silva thought,they would make the perfect pair..and Subotic is not the same like Hummels just because of his height...

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned
Well end up buying a subpar Spanish/SouthAmerican CB. Probably well try to sign one wc cb, then the negotiations will break down close to transfer window ending, and well get another noname cb

What was that young defender called that didn't quite work for us and he ended up being loaned . Uruguayan I think !? Name began with H , I think.

Played great fornhis country and loan club but poor for us .

We need to buy a ready made , experienced , top quality CB plus Neymar . Anything else Woukd be a bonus .

I'd ship out Villa / Pedro and Sanchez while we are it.

KhaledBarca

If not for Pique, we could have lost by 6 or 7 vs Bayern at Camp Nou!
Pique was playing the whole season with 3 midgets around him.
Put, T.Silva Hummels or any World Class Defender with 3 shot defenders around him (including 2 attacking fullbacks) and they'll do much worse than Pique!

Barca need to get find a combination similar to the one of 2009-2011: Alves + 3 Solid Tall defenders (Pique, Puyol and Abidal)!!!
That in addition to the fact, that we're not pressing like we used to do in 1st 3 season of Pep Era. Defenders are under more pressure this season!

AGAIN, its simple we need to find the balance again by getting a Solid defender to partner Pique and a defensive minded Lb who can rotate with Alba especially in Big games to have more balance in the defence!

Next season its PIQUE +10 (deal with it)

Alves - PIQUE - CB - LB/Alba

KhaledBarca

What was that young defender called that didn't quite work for us and he ended up being loaned . Uruguayan I think !? Name began with H , I think.

Played great fornhis country and loan club but poor for us .

We need to buy a ready made , experienced , top quality CB plus Neymar . Anything else Woukd be a bonus .

I'd ship out Villa / Pedro and Sanchez while we are it.

Henrique(?) is brazilian and he was loaned to Bayer then sold... currently in Brazil!
Caceres is fom uruguay, he had played for a season or 2? then got loaned to Juve and then Sevilla bought him for 3-4 M (We bought him for 21M lol)

Meitux

If not for Pique, we could have lost by 6 or 7 vs Bayern at Camp Nou!
Pique was playing the whole season with 3 midgets around him.
Put, T.Silva Hummels or any World Class Defender with 3 shot defenders around him (including 2 attacking fullbacks) and they'll do much worse than Pique!

Barca need to get find a combination similar to the one of 2009-2011: Alves + 3 Solid Tall defenders (Pique, Puyol and Abidal)!!!
That in addition to the fact, that we're not pressing like we used to do in 1st 3 season of Pep Era. Defenders are under more pressure this season!

AGAIN, its simple we need to find the balance again by getting a Solid defender to partner Pique and a defensive minded Lb who can rotate with Alba especially in Big games to have more balance in the defence!

Next season its PIQUE +10 (deal with it)

Alves - PIQUE - CB - LB/Alba
what? and is that redemption for how bad he has been? one game doesnt say many to me and it was too late,when he needed to be good he wasnt! thats not and excuse,i would surely replace him with Hummels,Pique is not 100 % focused and not the guy that would be leader of any team,he doesnt have any competition in his place and he doesnt care how he plays because he wont be benched, thats why he has been so bad..just need to benched and learn that nothing is guaranteed

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans