Transfers and Rumours - old thread

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Barcelona are keeping an eye on Malaga player Isco (21). Player would be delighted to join, but City and Monao more likely options now. [md]

Mundo has been posting a lot of wild rumors recently bringing up players like Puyol, Marquinhos, Reina, Isco, etc.

XaviMessiGirl

I don't see his salary (he'll surely accept a pay-cut) nor age as a problem.
Not sure about his current form as I haven't seen that much of Liverpool this season.

Past couple years he's been making a lot of mistakes (more than Valdes). But lately he has been doing well actually, not sure if he's just trying harder because of the rumors or if he really is getting back to form.

Stric

Sometimes I get the feeling that the press just look through online message boards :lol: and writes whatever the people there talked about.

Theconomist

Sometimes I get the feeling that the press just look through online message boards :lol: and writes whatever the people there talked about.

We never talked about Reina.

Oh god. It looks like we're getting Reina,Marquinos and Neymar this summer. With Villa,Pedro,Valdes,Masch leaving...
Holy shit we're actually going to become WORST.

Doobs

The Messiah
I called the Reina signing as soon as he was linked. It's a signature Zubi move. Don't expect any of the German starlets to come either as long as this mentality continues.

DucdeOrléans

I called the Reina signing as soon as he was linked. It's a signature Zubi move. Don't expect any of the German starlets to come either as long as this mentality continues.

Basically what I have started to heavily dislike about Zubi. It's far from a healthy direction for the club. No wonder that there have been consistent rumors of some directors not being happy with Zubi....

Doobs

The Messiah
The onus is on Tito to get whats best for the team. He can't simply let others make his decisions. He needs to get in Rosell's face and demand the players that he thinks are best for the club.

pibito

GK
We dream of… Ter Stegen, Courtois
We could be happy with… Guita, Alves
What will happen… Reina
CB
We dream of… Silva, Kompany, Hummels
We could be happy with… Subotic, Vertonghen, Luiz, Vermaelen
What will happen… Agger

ATT
We dream of… Aguaro, Cavani, Suarez, Lewandowski
We could be happy with… Neymar
What will happen… nobody

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The onus is on Tito to get whats best for the team. He can't simply let others make his decisions. He needs to get in Rosell's face and demand the players that he thinks are best for the club.

Assuming Tito knows what's best for the club. Sometimes I feel Tito himself is the problem.

jklz

Barcelona are keeping an eye on Malaga player Isco (21). Player would be delighted to join, but City and Monao more likely options now. [md]

Mundo has been posting a lot of wild rumors recently bringing up players like Puyol, Marquinhos, Reina, Isco, etc.

Well apparently Isco is a Barça fan and his idols are Iniesta and Xavi. Heck, he even called his dog Messi :lol:. Can't see him coming unless the rumours of a Cesc departure are serious. Groom Thiago as the new Xavi and Isco as the new Iniesta, sounds pretty good.

According to Sport, Vilanova wants Thiago Silva + Neymar + Isco/Gündogan and he wants to keep Valdés for another season.

Last edited:

mittchan82

Hummels and Marquinhos for CB; keep playing Bartra. If we don't give him enough time to play, he'll never get better. Too soon to say he's not good enough.

Masch and Song should both stay but if one's gotta go, it's gonna be a hard choice, it should be Song.

We should never play Alba and Alves together. Too much holes when they go attack-cray-cray. Have Montoya fill in for Alves when Alba is playing.

A defensive left-back would be great if we have the money but I don't see it happening.

Aguero, yes but HELL NO to Neymar. Too much risk compared to his price tag. Not too convinced by his performances as well.

Villa should stay with us. People give him shit for under-performing but I say he did his job just fine this season. He is getting overshadowed by Messi and his crazy scoring number. If he goes we should not sell him for a cheap price and get as much $$$ from his transfer and use it for getting a defender.

GK is another issue. If VV leaves we should get someone to replace him but the question would be who can we get? Best thing to do is to get him to stay or change his mind about his desire to experience other cultures or whatever and keep him on the squad.

Boris

According to Sport, Vilanova wants Thiago Silva + Neymar + Isco/Gündogan and he wants to keep Valdés for another season.
That combination is good. In order for it to be great, Silva need's to be replaced with Hummels just because of the age and injury problem. OR just take Silva and buy Marcos, now or a lil later.

Home of Barca Fans