Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Barcastuff: Barcelona centre back Carles Puyol (35) wants to leave Barcelona this summer. He will join AC Milan. [btv]

Sounds like BS to me...

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
I love Pedro but he's merely a squad player, if we have to get rid of him to acquire Thiago Silva then it needs to be done. Then we could just keep Sanchez and sell El Guaje. Promote Deulofeu and I think we'll be fine.

Reina would be fine if it allows us to go after 2 of the 3: Thiago Silva, Hummels, or Marquinhos.

Neymar can take Pedro's spot and we can give Deulofeu and Tello some major minutes.

Stric

Reina has been in good form for Liverpool recently, I would welcome him @ the club especially if it keeps the transfer amount down so we can focus on strengthening our backline in addition to Neymar. He would fit the club perfectly personality-wise and I think he would be determined to be successful here and there would be no initial culture shock for him.

I agree. I can't help but think, though, that this unnecessary Neymar transfer is screwing up all other burning issues. Our defense is a nightmare, Valdes is leaving, Villa also... yet in the middle of all of this, we're splashing out 45 million for this Neymar experiment. It couldn't have arrived at a worse time, to be honest. That's why our management is trying to find a way to go around investing in a decent GK this year, because Neymar is obviously their top priority, which is ridiculous. If Neymar was to come in 2014, we could focus on more important issues, like buying a CB, a GK and maybe even a proven goalscorer. Spending so much cash on Neymar at this moment is not very logical.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Barcastuff: Barcelona centre back Carles Puyol (35) wants to leave Barcelona this summer. He will join AC Milan. [btv]

Sounds like BS to me...

He's been speculating with the idea for years anyways, I love him but he can go if he really wants to leave. It would force the board to go after 2 CBs.

I hate to say this out loud but I kinda hope it happens.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
I agree. I can't help but think, though, that this unnecessary Neymar transfer is screwing up all other burning issues. Our defense is a nightmare, Valdes is leaving, Villa also... yet in the middle of all of this, we're splashing out 45 million for this Neymar experiment. It couldn't have arrived at a worse time, to be honest. That's why our management is trying to find a way to go around investing in a decent GK this year, because Neymar is obviously their top priority, which is ridiculous. If Neymar was to come in 2014, we could focus on more important issues, like buying a CB, a GK and maybe even a proven goalscorer. Spending so much cash on Neymar at this moment is not very logical.

His shirt sales alone will pay for the transfer. I will agree it's as much a business decision as it is a football one.

I truly believe Rosell and Nike already have the deal in place. We might as well embrace it.

Stric

His shirt sales alone will pay for the transfer. I will agree it's as much a business decision as it is a football one.

I truly believe Rosell and Nike already have the deal in place. We might as well embrace it.

Yes, they will, but not in 2013. Not right now when we need a new GK, a new CB and a new striker. That's why I don't like it interfering with our other transfers THIS YEAR. Because we have other burning issues. But other than that, you're right, it's probably a good business decision.

Kerrybai

Last October a number of rumours suggested that the money had already been set aside. If this is true then perhaps that money was from last season's budget and wont come into play this summer. It will become more clear when we see how much money is used for a new defence.

mac10

He's been speculating with the idea for years anyways, I love him but he can go if he really wants to leave. It would force the board to go after 2 CBs.

I hate to say this out loud but I kinda hope it happens.

i kinda agree with you on that one he's ben a bit part player for too long now with recurring injureis cant be helped i know but were desperate for backup there and he aint up to it anymore

impeh

Hi, its me..
Pepe Reina's representative met today the player to discuss Barcelona offer, according to informed spanish radio Onda Cero

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't see his salary (he'll surely accept a pay-cut) nor age as a problem.
Not sure about his current form as I haven't seen that much of Liverpool this season.

Home of Barca Fans