Transfers and Rumours - old thread

I

instinct

i would love to have david luiz in our side, he is a decent centre back and gives great crosses.

Maybe, but crosses are so much unuseful for us, because we do not have any players who are good in the air except Puyol and Pique. Alves makes plenty of crosses during a game but none of them lead to a goal or even to a chance. I think, with Luiz it will be the same problem unless we have somebody in our offense who is great in the air (like Cavani or Falcao)

Ter Stegen, Guaita, De Gea and Reina are the four possible successors of Barcelona goalkeeper Valdes, who could leave this summer. [marca]

No Guaita or Reina please.

Z

ZiZu

Even if we wanted to , there is no money to buy a player like Suarez or Cavanni. Cavanni is deff not like Ibra. He is not lazy and works really hard to get the ball back, also, he can play as a striker or behind the striker. And madrid will not go for Suarez and Cavinni. Florentine said last night that there is only place for one . Madrid will go for Bale to replace Di Maria, and will get either Cavanni or Suarez to replace Higuain . Madrid will be on beast mode next season . I have almost come to believe that there is no way Barca will do well in champions league next season , but now, I'm even thinking that even la liga will be hard to win.

I'd be happy to get Higuain !

As to affording the players we NEED , looks like we may be selling Villa and or Cesc / Sanchez / Thiago even Pedro so add whatever we get from sales to the whatever he have left from buying Neymar plus some guy already said that we could "dip" into next years transfer fund if we need to . We can't afford to lose ground to the other clubs . Mdrid will be stronger as will Bayern Munich and the English clubs.

KluivertsBoots

Maybe Cruyff is right to demand that Tito step down . Maybe he simply isn't well enough to cope with the massive pressure of managing Barca and making important decisions .

Tito knows better than anyone what this team needs. The issue lies with Rosell and co. They do not have the skills to get exactly what the coaches ask of them or what the technical demands require (Zubi).

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Strong rumors that Roma will sell De Rossi to Chelsea for 12-15m. Madrid a second option. That's cheap as shit.

He would be huge upgrade in the DM position for RM ,so I hope it doesn't happen

Tito knows better than anyone what this team needs. The issue lies with Rosell and co. They do not have the skills to get exactly what the coaches ask of them or what the technical demands require (Zubi).
I agree that Zubi and Rosell might not be the best management we have ,but If Tito is insisting that it is CB or bust (big If) ,I can't blame anyone but him for that

0n0mat0p0eia

Cavani playing in front of Messi like Villa did against Milan would be amazing and really dangerous.

I've been saying that for ages. He would drag CBs around making space for Messi. He would enable our wide players to get to the by-line and actually cross into the box. He'd be another option at corners and free kicks attacking. He'd be an out ball, he could hold it up, flick ball on and defend free kicks and corners.

Messi would still play in the middle, but a little behind Cavani. hell Messi drops deep to get the ball anyway. Cavani would also ease the scoring pressure of Messi too.

A clear-out of dead wood at Barca would buy him - Valdes, Sanchez, Alves...perhaps even Cesc fabregas (horror of horrors)

KluivertsBoots

I agree that Zubi and Rosell might not be the best management we have ,but If Tito is insisting that it is CB or bust (big If) ,I can't blame anyone but him for that

If Tito has made comments on the matter, you can bet they are grossly misinterpreted. As a coach, he would be very clear on which profile he requires in a position.

There are precious few CBs who can play for Barcelona. Again, if Tito has commented in the manner suggested, he is telling Rosell and Zubi "get me this profile (which only a few players fit) or stuff it" essentially. He'll attempt to coach around their incompetence.

I'm all for giving Tito a year, hopefully of full health, to show what he can do.

Rosell got his luxury signing in Neymar, and now he needs to impress his coach.

Zuess99

Is madrid really gonna go for bale? if it does happen and if it is a 70mil deal then madrid would have spent a billion within 11years since winning cl in transfers.

"They see me spending , they hating " - Flo Perez

Home of Barca Fans