Transfers and Rumours - old thread

I'm reading Mundo Deportivo and we're linked with Vermaelen again. DO NOT WANT.

:facepalm:

Barcelona is working on 3 centre back options now. One is Mathieu. The other two are not clear, possibly Inigo Martinez and Vermaelen. [md]

:facepalm:

The only one of these I'd want is Martinez.

Edit:

Local Valencia media report that Valencia defender Jeremy Mathieu, linked to Barcelona, will next week renew for 3 more seasons [radio9 ser]

Good. He's not Barca quality and he's not a CB. Like I said, I wouldn't mind him as 3rd/4th choice, but I'd rage if he were our only CB signing.

Last edited:

XaviMessiGirl

I'm also reading CdS & there's an interview with De Laurentiis (Napoli president) in which he says he was going to bid 40m for Marquinhos + Lamela before Rafa was appointed but then decided not to go ahead with it.

I have a horrible feeling we're just going to let some other club end up with Marquinhos.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
What did they say at first? Varane, Thiago Silva, Hummels, Marquinhos, David Luiz...
What now? Vermaelen, Mathieu and Inigo Martinez :facepalm:

khaled_a_d

We should at least have about 35M left though, since the money for Neymar will be paid in installments.

No,they usually don't count the installment thing ,mainly b/c all transfers are done this way ,we are probably still payibg for Sanchez and Cesc till now ,and whoever we are gonna sell we wren't gonna get all money this summer ,this is how it works

on another note ,Nicolas N'Koulou seems on his way to Bayern ,if anyone remembers he was linked to us in the first half of the season

I

instinct

I don't trust Tito and Rosell. They won't buy a right CB for us. Is anyone also afraid of this transfer period? Imagine, Barcelona's homepage posts: Welcome, Vermaelen! or something..ah..damn..

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Maybe for once we should try SELLING players. Jeez. I love the players we have, but it's not a good thing we can't seem to sell for good amounts of money. Get rid of Mascherano or Song, Afellay, Bojan, Fontas, JDS, Villa etc. Should be able to make some money on them, right?

Home of Barca Fans