Transfers and Rumours - old thread

AvocadoCake

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-Real-Madrid-insist-that-Pepe-is-not-for-sale :(

Anyway, for me CB options are Sakho or Inigo.
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/basics/spielervergleich/basics_158863_47713.html

Inigo advantages:
- Speaks Spanish
- No controversial history
- La Liga experience
- Low wage, transfer fee
- Good jumping to counteract height
- A bit younger
- Left footed
- Puyol-mould

Sakho advantages:
- Big and fast, not necessarily faster than Inigo, though
- Experience at a top club with pressure, going for a title. Also has experience in the Champions League.
- Contract ends in 2014 so we will be able to have the upper hand in negotiations, hence get him below market price.
- Probably better reading of the game

Sakho has less, but I still think it's a toss up... Maybe even both? Especially if rumours of Benitez wanting Mascherano at Napoli are true.

fab

New signing
I think we should go for Mangala and Inigo...sell Mascherano, he needs to Play in his learned Position to be on form for the WC.... loan Bartra, maybe he can come back after puyol retires. i think Mathieu can only be bought, if we sell Adriano (won't happen since he just renewed his contract)...personally i'm not a fan of Adriano and i would love to see a different option at the left full-back Position (still don't understand why we didn't renew with abidal :facepalm:)

El Guaje

Yes but as you said. He is a kid. We have to get a defender who has experience in the CL and who is a little older than him.

He is 24, so he's not really a kid :p He does have experience in CL & big games. Was a beast against both Real Madrid and Bayern for example. Didnt choke like Hummels did.

I

instinct

I referred to Duke's post about Marquinhos. Sorry, I forgot to quote.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Manchester City sign Brazil international Fernandinho from Shakhtar Donetsk after midfielder passed medical

Real Betis midfielder Jose Canas signs pre-contract agreement to join Swansea City

mixer

Valencia defender Mathieu has an 8 buyout clause, but could leave for 4-5M. Ex-Valencia coach Valverde recommended him to Barcelona. [md]

Is he any good?

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Valencia defender Mathieu has an 8 buyout clause, but could leave for 4-5M. Ex-Valencia coach Valverde recommended him to Barcelona. [md]

Is he any good?

He can definitely add a lot of depth and versatility to our squad. A little awkward on the ball at times but I like his grittiness as a defender.

He really linked up well with Alba when they both played for Valencia too.

He's more Abidal's replacement than our solution @ CB though.

F

forcabarca

Mangala has a buy out clause of 50m.. according to MD...

Way too costly...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

King Leo

Banned
If we are serious about winning the CL this year then we need a solid CB signed this summer. Our biggest problem has been semi-solutions in the back. Thanks to Leo we made it to semi finals but don;t count on our luck for long. Neymar is untested so really we need a good CB or else forget about it.

jklz

You need some balance in your team..
------------Agüero------------
Silva---------Isco---------Navas
------Touré - Fernandinho ------

Still possible.

89Norcal

I think we should go for Mangala and Inigo...sell Mascherano, he needs to Play in his learned Position to be on form for the WC.... loan Bartra, maybe he can come back after puyol retires. i think Mathieu can only be bought, if we sell Adriano (won't happen since he just renewed his contract)...personally i'm not a fan of Adriano and i would love to see a different option at the left full-back Position (still don't understand why we didn't renew with abidal :facepalm:)

Mascherano's buyout was set to 100m euros when he signed his new contract. Don't think he's gonna go anywhere, he hasn't been THAT poor for us to rip up the contract I'm sure. Besides, if Song can play CB, so can Mascherano :tito:

Hopefully Neymar talking to Thiago is true. IT actually happens quite a lot with players, but you usually hear about it's effect after the signing. Would help if they are actually friends and not just NT comrades.

desoe

If you ask me, you will see Liverpool winning the EPL first, before Rosell buy a player from Porto. (sorry, Ed)

Home of Barca Fans