Transfers and Rumours - old thread

khaled_a_d

I dont believe that our other targets are that good on the ball either.
And its not so hard to pass the ball to the closest player available. And oh, Puyol aint a master on the ball either and yet he has been as awesome as someone can get. Defenders should be judged on their ability to defend and nit how good they are on the ball..

Wait,what? Puyol is gr8 on the ball ,has been for his whole career
That said I agree with other things ,people are overreacting about the whole "on the ball" thing when it comes to our GK&CB options

Z

ZiZu

Sport.es sais that Barca is interested in Lewandowski which is great !

IMO we badly need such an attacker and just imagine how stellar our front would look like Neymar, Messi, Lewandowski !

It's difficult tu aquire him though especially while R$al and surely other big financial forces are eager to buy him.

Memories of Figo/ Kluivert / Rivaldo front three .

Z

ZiZu

exactly,problem of goals wont be solved with only neymar

Course it will , he shoots on sight not shot shy like our Villa / Pedro / Sanchez .

Also he will make so much more space for Messi as it takes 2 men to mark him .

Barca8

Anyone who doubts Inigo Martinez ability or quality clearly haven't watched many Sociedad or U21 matches. He is a fantastic young up-and-coming defender in the group of Varane, Marquinhos, Mangala & Juan. It's either that or people are still hung up on Thiago Silva or some other high priced defender. High price doesn't always buy quality or best fit (look no further than Chgrynski). But aside from being an actual CB, his best quality is that he can play our style of football. People forget that Pique was untried and did nothing of real merit at ManU but he knew our system and Pep knew he could use him.

I'd welcome Lewandowski but also agree with others that we need to solve the CB situation first. Lewa is also going to be expensive and if we did go for a cheaper option I'd love to have Aubameyang. The kid plays just like Eto'o and is a lot more versatile whereas Lewandowski will only be able to play in or around the box.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Anyone who doubts Inigo Martinez ability or quality clearly haven't watched many Sociedad or U21 matches. He is a fantastic young up-and-coming defender in the group of Varane, Marquinhos, Mangala & Juan. It's either that or people are still hung up on Thiago Silva or some other high priced defender. High price doesn't always buy quality or best fit (look no further than Chgrynski). But aside from being an actual CB, his best quality is that he can play our style of football. People forget that Pique was untried and did nothing of real merit at ManU but he knew our system and Pep knew he could use him.

I'd welcome Lewandowski but also agree with others that we need to solve the CB situation first. Lewa is also going to be expensive and if we did go for a cheaper option I'd love to have Aubameyang. The kid plays just like Eto'o and is a lot more versatile whereas Lewandowski will only be able to play in or around the box.

I think Martinez would be overpriced at 30M but he would be a perfect fit with the club. I really like the way he's linking up with Bartra in the u21 Euros and I think he can do the same with Pique. The fact he is so young does mean he still has a lot of football left in him.

I'm still stuck on Thiago Silva and think a deal could be worked out but if we fail in getting him again I have no problem with Martinez being our new CB.

Barca8

Not really. He's excellent at link-up play on Dortmund's counterattacks, he doesn't just hang around the box.

True he does really well at holding up the ball and he's a phenomenal finisher. The point I was trying to make is if we baught him he's not as versatile to seemlessly move from the center to the wings as Eto'o or Aubameyang. He has the raw pace to move anywhere in the front 3 and finish.

0n0mat0p0eia

Someone wrote: Neymar--Messi--Lewandowski as our front 3...and there's Barca's problem in a nutshell!

Talking about buying a striker and playing him wide right. :facepalm:

PaulFCB

Banned
Someone wrote: Neymar--Messi--Lewandowski as our front 3...and there's Barca's problem in a nutshell!

Or we could play 4-2-3-1 :dance: cu with Lewandowski as striker or SS.

-----Alexis---Leo/Rob---Iniesta--------
-------------Rob/Leo----------------

desoe

Or we could play 4-2-3-1 :dance: cu with Lewandowski as striker or SS.

-----Alexis---Leo/Rob---Iniesta--------
-------------Rob/Leo----------------

Maybe one day we will change our formation, but it would certainly not happen with Tito on board. He's not brave enough to touch something that has been untouchable for years now

Kerrybai

No the problem is our tactics and fixed positions, just because Lewandowski might start on the right doesn't mean he would have to stay out there, with the correct instruction he could be given a free role to move in front of messi with our right back providing width.
But of course our manager would heed to implement this.

Meitux

Maybe one day we will change our formation, but it would certainly not happen with Tito on board. He's not brave enough to touch something that has been untouchable for years now
Thats why they wanted him for coach,to be there just to be there,not bringing someone else that maybe would change the style or the tacticts of the team,they dont want to change this tactics because its been succesfull for time and they think that it will be also in the future.but times passed we had Eto'o and Henry with Messi and it worked.But there isnt any world class CF right now that would play in the wing and there arent any real options for wingers...And if it is about Messi i bet he would sacrifise some of his goal records for the team and if you change him position to the Right he would always moving free,he wouldnt be isolated

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
So Eurosport claim that this document is leaked and official.

imageqfag.jpg

Home of Barca Fans