Transfers and Rumours - old thread

mixer

Barcelona sources: "As things stand now, it's not just very difficult to sign Thiago Silva, it's worse, it's almost impossible." [sport]

:facepalm: Why aren't we pushing for Hummels anymore? Tito is obssesed with signing ThiagoSilva but that would be his best decision of all time.

Also, Barcelona have talked with the agent of Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina (30). In case Victor Valdes would still leave, Reina will join. [md]

:facepalm: x2

Last edited:

taduong

Lol no talk about Hummels because he isn't that good

admitedly, is not silva level but he young and potential. i think he will improve to be the best in couple of years. he among the best at his age. he no worse than any current available deffender in our squad. just name one for example. i meant there are better investment out there

XaviMessiGirl

I think Hummels is good but he's not the player we need as long as Pique is here. They're too similar, we need our CB pairing to complement each other, not duplicate.

taduong

I think Hummels is good but he's not the player we need as long as Pique is here. They're too similar, we need our CB pairing to complement each other, not duplicate.

i dont think so. pique tall but is not so good in the air, headed is not all about height. Hummel is also more physical, he is the one more pyol style but a calmer deffender

khaled_a_d

Hummels is still better option than most available CBs even if he is a bit overrated and plays like Pique , the thing is that probably he isn't available too ,people initially thought that BVB is going to sell him but that looks very unlikely now

BorussiaBarcelona

I'm dissapointed by Isco's decision. He will waste his talent by sitting on the bench under Modric and Ozil.

Not necessarily.

Ancelotti certainly had his say with this signing and I'm no other player has a guarantee to play now, having to showcase themselves again.

Özil is a great player, but takes quite some breaks during a season and Modric hasn't played all that well as well.
Also, di Maria would be a guy that could sit on the bench cause even though he scores some goals and assists on a couple others, he has a pretty low football IQ and always tries to shoot even though he's got no space to do so.

BTW: Given that many folks really like Marco Reus and would like to sign him someday.
Ancelotti's a big fan of his for quite some time now and I could see him trying hard to sign him after next years world cup.

Also, about ter Stegen.

Even pretty reliable german news agencies are starting to write about it and it seems like the deal which loans him for another season to Gladbach is the one that would happen.
The only thing that varies in those rumors is the amount Barca will pay to Borussia, as some talk about roughly 12 million euros and others about 15 million euros.

Home of Barca Fans