Transfers and Rumours - old thread

loozy

Well Agent's words may seduce you and they say them for their reasons,but yes there are just rumours.Nothing sure yet

He's denied any interest from Barca's side more than once and also BMG have said that ter Stegen will play for them next season (also more than once) so I am inclined to believe him more than Barcastuff, tbh.

@ 0n0
Liverpool are not trying to get rid of him but rather get someone who can make him perform better. Reina got a tad too secure in his position and needs someone to push him - Mignolet is that kind of player (and also a future number one goalie).

Stric

Are people actually watching Reina play or just youtube fail-videos of him?

Just out of curiousity.

+1

Too many people go around leaving the impression that Valdes is a goalkeeping god in comparison to Reina. Newsflash: Reina was Spain's second-choice goalkeeper for years, while Valdes was called up for the first time in 2010.

Jadentheman

I rather Barca promote a la masia candidate to be the backup keeper for Barca. Is teh keeper from Barca B or from lower ranks any mediocre than Reina? Saave us some money for a CB which we need. Ter Stegen is the only GK purchase we should go after.

JamDav1982

I rather Barca promote a la masia candidate to be the backup keeper for Barca. Is teh keeper from Barca B or from lower ranks any mediocre than Reina? Saave us some money for a CB which we need. Ter Stegen is the only GK purchase we should go after.

Reina is the best choice for now.

The goalkeeper at Barca is massive pressure and he is more equipped to deal with it than Ter Stegen or any other young keeper.

There is no young keeper in the ranks good enough to step up.

Z

ZiZu

Reina is the best choice for now.

The goalkeeper at Barca is massive pressure and he is more equipped to deal with it than Ter Stegen or any other young keeper.

There is no young keeper in the ranks good enough to step up.

Yeah , we do kinda need a sweeper /keeper and someone good with the ball at his feet .

Reina fits the bill nicely . If we get a decent CB the keeper won't be doing anything anyways :)

XaviMessiGirl

Yeah I don't think any of the Barca B goalkeepers will ever make it to the first team.

We should look at Marchetti again damn it :D if that rumor was even true.

Elbflorenz

According Tod Max Eberl (Manager of Mönchengladbach) there has been no contact with Barca regarding a transfer of ter Stegen. [Goal Germany]
There were numerous rumours this day that Ter Stegen was bought for 12m€

Last edited:

Fourteen

Monster Masch
I'm dissapointed by Isco's decision. He will waste his talent by sitting on the bench under Modric and Ozil.
He's Spanish and also Spain's next big thing so I'm sure he will get better treatment than being resigned to the bench. On top of this, he's good enough to start and won't look out of place.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He's Spanish and also Spain's next big thing so I'm sure he will get better treatment than being resigned to the bench. On top of this, he's good enough to start and won't look out of place.

Canales was the same a few years back, look where he is now.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Not entirely alike in talent, but it shows that Isco isn't entirely likely to succeed. He'll have to stay completely fit and in top form to keep a starting position and continue developing at a club like Madrid where there is huge competition in positions. By the time they buy one player, they're already looking to buy the next and any lapse from Isco could be unforgiving for him. Lots of really talented youngsters have found it hard to break into that side (Morata, Sahin, Canales, etc.)

Home of Barca Fans