Transfers and Rumours - old thread

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I really don't get with Barca fans this need for players to be good at more than one thing.

You don't need a GK to pass it like a midfielder; you don't need a striker to be a left winger; you don't need a DM to be a CB.

If the guy is a great shot-stopper, can deal with crosses, can kick the ball over the half-way line, then he's a GK.

Our entire game is based on position interchangeability and technical skill. Obviously a goalkeeper isn't going to change positions with a CB but he does need to be adept in the passing game with the rest of the team.

That being said too many people are acting like it's impossible to learn how to be adept with the ball at your feet as a goalkeeper unless you're from La Masia. It's kind of arrogant in a way acting like playing GK for Barca is that much more difficult and superior than at any other club. It'd take maybe half a season at most to get comfortable with it, these are professional footballers not children.

Last edited:

jklz

And Ter Stegen is well known for his passing skills, his ridiculous mistake against the USA doesn't mean that he's bad. He might not be Valdés or De Gea, but saying he can't play/kick a ball is nonsense. Two seasons ago (2011/2012), Borussia Mönchengladbach was also playing a style, trying to perfect the basics (passing, building from the back etc.) and Ter Stegen played a huge role in that.

barca1899

Barcelona could make an offer for Roma centre back Marquinhos (19) of close to 25M, a fee for which Roma would be willing to sell. [corsera]

AvocadoCake

Barcelona could make an offer for Roma centre back Marquinhos (19) of close to 25M, a fee for which Roma would be willing to sell. [corsera]

YES! Finally an actually concrete CB rumour, even if it's not true I at least hope it's an indication that Tito is willing to give up on the unfortunately impossible task of signing Thiago Silva.

rafals

25M? Would make signing Thiago Silva even more impossible than right now, but surely :rosell: can negotiate and lower the fee. But even with that, the TS deal would be hard and we will probably end up only with Marquinhos joining us or him along with the likes of Mathieu, Agger or Koscielny. Hopefully the last one.

I

instinct

Man United player Wayne Roonay (27) is one of the players Barcelona could be interested in if he would leave his club this summer. [md]

Seems unreal to me but I want to hear what you think..

mixer

If we are going to buy Marquinhos for 25M, there's no room for another transfer near to 25M

I hope the Marquinhos rumour is true.

I

instinct

Hehe, if we sign Marqu, we will have a bigger, better and stronger TS in 4 years.
tumblr_mcq4ctd0F61rxiucs.gif

Home of Barca Fans