Transfers and Rumours - old thread

JamDav1982

Not entirely alike in talent, but it shows that Isco isn't entirely likely to succeed. He'll have to stay completely fit and in top form to keep a starting position and continue developing at a club like Madrid where there is huge competition in positions. By the time they buy one player, they're already looking to buy the next and any lapse from Isco could be unforgiving for him. Lots of really talented youngsters have found it hard to break into that side (Morata, Sahin, Canales, etc.)

Isco has succeeded and proved himself in La Liga and the CL.

Totally different scenario to Canales who was 18 and had a few months of first team football under his belt.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I've said before, it's not the same case obviously. Isco is definitely more talented and assured than Canales. However it is an example of how hard it is to be at Madrid with the constant transfer cycle and the numerous big names to compete with.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Yeah, I agree with you on competition and past negative cases, but Isco is a very impressive player. Certainly a lot better than Canales and with previous experience in the Champions League where he was shining brightly.

JamDav1982

I've said before, it's not the same case obviously. Isco is definitely more talented and assured than Canales. However it is an example of how hard it is to be at Madrid with the constant transfer cycle and the numerous big names to compete with.

Possibly but Isco has been bought for the fist team and Canales was bought for the future.

Different situations really.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Isco is bought for the present, but Madrid have a plethora of current options there and are interested in so many players.

Players there: CR, Ozil, Di Maria, Modric, Kaka, Benzema, Callejon, Jese (future)

Players they are interested in: Cavani, Suarez, Bale, Gundogan

Obviously not all of them play in the same position, but with all those possible players and switching around to accomodate them, Isco has very few places to play in. He'd only get a good chance if Perez shows some financial restraint for once and doesn't go for other players that could get in his way.

KluivertsBoots

According Tod Max Eberl (Manager of Mönchengladbach) there has been no contact with Barca regarding a transfer of ter Stegen. [Goal Germany]
There were numerous rumours this day that Ter Stegen was bought for 12m€

He can't play with his feet and would need a lot of practice in easy matches before he'd be ready to protect the FCB net in meaningful matches.

I'm most interested to see who the CB signing is. David Luiz seems to be the most realistic, and I'd be shocked if Tito really thinks Thiago Silva is the only person on Earth who can play CB for this team.

khaled_a_d

Am I the only one who would like the team to get Akinfeev next year?he will be free agent,cost us nothing ,will be just 28 which means he is still in the early part of his prime as a GK,I think he is more proven than Stegan ,and will cost us nothing

F

forcabarca

Higuain to Arsenal - 4yr deal. Medical expected soon.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

mixer

Higuain to Arsenal - 4yr deal. Medical expected soon.
Jorge Higuain (father): "My son still had not signed anything". "I know that Real Madrid and Arsenal lead the advanced negotiations. We haven't met with the gunners, because RM does not have yet agreed the transfer". "Besides Arsenal, also Juventus have made a high bid. I don't know where Gonzalo will play next season".

AvocadoCake

Am I the only one who would like the team to get Akinfeev next year?he will be free agent,cost us nothing ,will be just 28 which means he is still in the early part of his prime as a GK,I think he is more proven than Stegan ,and will cost us nothing

Akinfeev for VV and Szczesny for Pinto, both free. No complaints.

0n0mat0p0eia

I really don't get with Barca fans this need for players to be good at more than one thing.

You don't need a GK to pass it like a midfielder; you don't need a striker to be a left winger; you don't need a DM to be a CB.

If the guy is a great shot-stopper, can deal with crosses, can kick the ball over the half-way line, then he's a GK.

Home of Barca Fans