Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Superfly

Banned
Thiago's leaving regardless and Villa's sadly pass it, exchanging those two for Rooney and some cash is a good deal imo

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Rooney is ruined. I have no friggin' idea what he thinks he is doing. He was set to play for one of the biggest clubs in the history of football and become a legend there, but now that is tainted and almost certainly destroyed. What on earth does he do now? Join a foreign club in a huge gamble that probably won't pay off? Idiot.

Superfly

Banned
Rooney's not past it, it's ludicrous to suggest so. In a poor season being played out of position the man still managed to get 12 goals and 10 assists in 22 starts

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Rooney's not past it, it's ludicrous to suggest so. In a poor season being played out of position the man still managed to get 12 goals and 10 assists in 22 starts

Physically he certainly is. He's already showing signs of it, he won't get back to top condition again.

SeloBarca

Rooney was the best until RvP arrived. Then he had to play in an awkward position. Cant really say if he would do ok in Barca. Hes better in air, moves more without the ball and quicker then Zlatan atleast

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

The guy is simply too emotional and lets that affect his form. If (when) he gets unhappy, he complains that he wants to leave and then dips down in quality. He's been unfit this season and yes he's had a decent output for his amount of playing time but he hasn't been the player he was before. It remains to be seen whether or not he'll suck it up and actually stay at United and work to play well.

KluivertsBoots

Thiago's leaving regardless and Villa's sadly pass it, exchanging those two for Rooney and some cash is a good deal imo

I'd rather get Phil Jones in any deal with United involving a player swap, but don't see Jones or United making that happen.

Jones, Kagawa, and RVP are the players I'd want most from United. I wouldn't really have an interest in anyone else on their roster save Rafael or Welbeck perhaps.

Shegzy

Pep era lasted 4 years,Tito was in the team for 1 season half of it he wasn't even with the team ,b4 that he was Pep assistant when we were playing those young players
I would want to see 1 more year of him b4 making a judgement of him being a coach who don't play youngsters

well u don't know that people are different and once a person has power his true character will show,tito does not trust in our youth player or even young player,and don't tell me he believed in neymar because it is rosell that wanted him.look at the 9 we have been linked with which one of them is below 26 and which is still regarded as currently one of the 4 top striker,we just want to buy them because we are hoping they can replicate their past form,we bought villa when he was still hot and three years down the line see what he has become.if we want a 9 why not get a younger and versatile one that wouldn't mind playing half of the total number of our matches.and pep assistant then does not mean anything are u telling he had the same power to decide who to play,sign,sell or loan as he has now then.if he believe if youth he wouldn't want to loan bartra out even he signed ts,cos puyol and ts are injury prone and if they both have injury at the same time we will have to play masch and pique without rotating them and u know how pique and masch they could get redcarded or suspended and we will have to play adriano with whichever one of them remain

Shegzy

That would be a great deal, Rooney is class.

wasn't ibrahimovic class back then and still class now it not rooney been goog or not it about him not fitting,pep could not incorporate a 9+messi in that team unless the 9 played as a winger what make u think tito a lesser coach can do it,it not about what rooney will bring alone it is also what he will cause(havoc).apart from problem with messi,how many match did tello play last season given that we won the league early and there was no guarantee starter on the wing,with neymar two spot are already guaranteed on the front line with rooney the three will be guaranted and we better sell sanchez now if we want to sign rooney because he wouldn't get much playing time and his price will reduce greatly

Home of Barca Fans