Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Indignado

I don't think Real will as good next season as they were last season. Especially if Ronaldo leaves. I don't think anyone can replace him, except Messi himself. I'm guessing they'll get Bale + Cavani (maybe Falcao) if Ronaldo leaves. They're good, but they're not Ronaldo.

They'll be better than they have been this season, but I doubt they'll be as good as us (especially considering that we'll have a new GK and hopefully a new CB). I agree that we shouldn't cut our squad size though, we do need depth.

Real are gonna be much worse without Mou, especially. They don't know what tactics or discipline means.

Indignado

Agreed .

Also Mascherano has arguably been one of our best 5 players over the last 18 months or so IMO.

I love the guy and he's so adaptable .

One of our best 5 players? He's barely been one of our best 20 players. He was OK last season but he struggled against opponents like Chelsea and Real which saw us slip the Champions League plus La Liga titles. This season, he's been pretty bad. I don't see him staying, to be honest. A defender of his quality would cost not even half as much as him and in his natural position, we already have two superior players.

Real are gonna be much worse without Mou, especially. They don't know what tactics or discipline means.

True. Mou seems to be good against us (see the Inter game). We've gotten the results against him, for the most part, but he can cause us headaches. We'll most likely be better against them when Mou is gone.

I think Ronaldo is also a big one though. You can't simply replace the second best player in the world. Especially when your biggest rivals have the other 3 best players in the world. Of course, Mou leaving is almost certain, Ronaldo leaving is not. And we do pretty well against Ronaldo when our back line is healthy (see the last Clasico).

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned
One of our best 5 players? He's barely been one of our best 20 players. He was OK last season but he struggled against opponents like Chelsea and Real which saw us slip the Champions League plus La Liga titles. This season, he's been pretty bad. I don't see him staying, to be honest. A defender of his quality would cost not even half as much as him and in his natural position, we already have two superior players.

I think you're underestimating his value tbh .

Oh and there is no way that Song comes close to him in any position .

Mr Hulot

Why everybody thinks that Villa will leave the summer? I really hope that if somenone should leave, that will be Alexis on loan back in Italy..

oz187

I think Ronaldo is also a big one though. You can't simply replace the second best player in the world. Especially when your biggest rivals have the other 3 best players in the world. Of course, Mou leaving is almost certain, Ronaldo leaving is not. And we do pretty well against Ronaldo when our back line is healthy (see the last Clasico).

Real could get away with Cristiano leaving if they get Falcao and build the squad around him instead.

Real could get away with Cristiano leaving if they get Falcao and build the squad around him instead.

I think Falcao's more likely to go to Chelsea or maybe City. I doubt Atletico will want to sell Falcao to Real, but who knows. IMO, Real getting Cavani + Bale is more likely. And even if they do get Falcao, I still doubt he'll be quite as good as Ronaldo, but who knows. Whatever they do, I think we'll still be better than them next season, as long as we get a GK and CB.

Mourinho leaving could be the big one though. Like I said, he's pretty good against us, even though we have gotten the results against him, for the most part. I don't think any coach in the world will be as good against us.

Last edited:

aaron101

If I were Atletico, I would keep Falcao. and if I were Falcao i would also stay. Why? Because they are on their best season so far and will certainly be playing UCL next season and they are improving. Keeping Madrid at 3rd spot for this long and bring 2nd to Barca is a good sign that they can still do better than this.

They will also get some money from UCL. I am actually excited what can they do on UCL next season. If Malaga and Valencia can do it I think they can do it too. Look at Malaga, it's their first ever UCL in their club history. Who would have thought that they would top their group with no draws and defeat. Diego Simeone is really an underrated Manager.

Centrocampista23

there's no way Atletico will try to keep Falcao this summer. the offers coming in will be far too good to refuse. it won't be Ronaldo/Kaka money, but someone will be willing to pay 60mil euro, i'm sure

If I were Atletico, I would keep Falcao. and if I were Falcao i would also stay. Why? Because they are on their best season so far and will certainly be playing UCL next season and they are improving. Keeping Madrid at 3rd spot for this long and bring 2nd to Barca is a good sign that they can still do better than this.

They will also get some money from UCL. I am actually excited what can they do on UCL next season. If Malaga and Valencia can do it I think they can do it too. Look at Malaga, it's their first ever UCL in their club history. Who would have thought that they would top their group with no draws and defeat. Diego Simeone is really an underrated Manager.

Not to mention Atletico > Chelsea (they seem to be the most likely to get him) right now.

khaled_a_d

Not to mention Atletico > Chelsea (they seem to be the most likely to get him) right now.

Not when you add Falcao to them (i.e Chelsea with Falcao is probably better than A.Madrid with him)
Also it was reported that he has 60M buyout ,so it seems they have no say about it

aaron101

there's no way Atletico will try to keep Falcao this summer. the offers coming in will be far too good to refuse. it won't be Ronaldo/Kaka money, but someone will be willing to pay 60mil euro, i'm sure

Well, if that's the case. Atletico should sell him to Chelsea for 60-70m. If they pay 50m for Torres I'm sure Falcao's price is reasonble enough because Falcao is so much better than him.

I was wondering what would it be if Alexis & Torres play together. That would the most frustrating attack of all.

oz187

Falcao has a release clause of 60M with multiple teams willing to pay it, so Atletico have no say in the matter. He may not be able to match Cristiano alone, but get another good winger to combine with Falcao, the combo may be better than Cristiano/Benzema.

The best thing would be for Atletico to keep him since they'd be almost guaranteed to get in to the Champions League again and maybe progress more in the tournament to make the money. But Falcao isn't just a world class player, he's a Balon D'or contender so naturally he'd be at one of the top clubs.

The funny thing is though that staying may be the best bet. All the logic says that the team that he should go to is Barca, but Barca play false 9 with Messi and so he wouldn't fit in. He could go to Real, but he'd have the same problem of competing with Barca(although maybe Cristiano and him together would be an unprecedented goal machine). PSG would be a downgrade in terms of the French league being weaker than La Liga. Chelsea are way off the pace in the Premiership and Man City are a bit of an unstable mess(and 12 points off, Man Utd look really strong now with Kagawa and Van Persie giving real quality). Both failed in the Champions League this season. Bayern may be the best bet, but even then Bundesliga is a bit of a downgrade from La Liga. But hey, linking up with Pep would be great, and they are already Champions League contenders.

Home of Barca Fans