Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Z

ZiZu

Get KUN! Those putting Neymar ahead of Aguero are crazy. Neymar needs to play for a team that will put him in the front seat and not be just Messi's assistant. He dives more than Alexis, he dribbles more than he should, good player but too much hype about him and he wont come cheap. Yes young and will sell shirts in Brazil and elsewhere. Put Aguero with Messi and you will see magic in every game. Those two get along very well on and off the field.

Laughing at those who wonder why we didn't get him and got Alexis instead. Yeh right! like Alexis is as fit as they come. Alexis fitness has been a disaster and moreover he scored few goals.

Kun is injured half the time .

Z

ZiZu

Couldn't agree more. De Gea's really started to mature this season (he produced a fine performance against Real Madrid just last week), and the benefit that he fluently (natively) speaks Castellano is a plus for sure. Someone like Krul could be a great 2nd keeper when Pinto leaves though.

I predict Bartra will be able to cope quite well as a Barcelona regular, but Puyol will be around for all the big games still. By the team Puyol retires, Bartra should be pretty mature, Piqué reaching his apex, and Muniesa a competent back-up option. There really doesn't seem to be a need to buy a CB yet; just a little change in management strategy for the defence.

I would be unhappy if Barcelona wasted a shitload of money signing Neymar. As prodigious as his talent is, it's a very risky move, considering all the pressure on his shoulders and the unsureness about how well he'd fit into the team. Agüero is a proven talent, and he would gel very nicely with Messi. Villa will definitely be leaving; sad, but has to happen. Alexis may or may not be going, depending on how he performs the rest of this season. If he does, Agüero would be an ideal replacement, though not essential, considering we will have the likes of a more mature Tello and Cuenca, not to mention an improving Deulofeu.

Good decision by management to cut the squad size for next year, in any case!

Why a good decision ?

We will be up against a revitalised Madrid - new manager - and new players - who will have an amazing squad .

Seems crazy to be reducing our squad especially with the bad luck we seem to have with injuries.

Why a good decision ?

We will be up against a revitalised Madrid - new manager - and new players - who will have an amazing squad .

Seems crazy to be reducing our squad especially with the bad luck we seem to have with injuries.

I don't think Real will as good next season as they were last season. Especially if Ronaldo leaves. I don't think anyone can replace him, except Messi himself. I'm guessing they'll get Bale + Cavani (maybe Falcao) if Ronaldo leaves. They're good, but they're not Ronaldo.

They'll be better than they have been this season, but I doubt they'll be as good as us (especially considering that we'll have a new GK and hopefully a new CB). I agree that we shouldn't cut our squad size though, we do need depth.

Last edited:
N

Noldorin

Why a good decision ?

Far from it. There's just not enough playing time to go round given the current size of the squad. It is more economical and gives better cohesion to the squad to cut a couple of members for next season (Villa & Mascherano ideally).

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Far from it. There's just not enough playing time to go round given the current size of the squad. It is more economical and gives better cohesion to the squad to cut a couple of members for next season (Villa & Mascherano ideally).

theres enough playing time to go around it's just that the management isn't risking heavy rotation yet until we've secured the league. Plus since the start of the year, the team hasn't been in great form and we've had a lot of tough fixtures.

Centrocampista23

if Villa prefers to go, he needs to go

if Mascherano is happy to stay and be a backup player, then i'd rather see him stay

same goes for Pinto, cause it's hard to find a good keeper that is happy playing only in the cup. plus he's Messi's best friend

aaron101

if Villa prefers to go, he needs to go

if Mascherano is happy to stay and be a backup player, then i'd rather see him stay

same goes for Pinto, cause it's hard to find a good keeper that is happy playing only in the cup. plus he's Messi's best friend

When Masch joined us he already accepted his role as a backup and for Pique and Puyol he said he has no problem with his role at the club. This guy is loyal. He even took a pay cut to join us.

I am really confused with our coaching staff. Last season we had a small squad but we suffered because of injuries and we have no other options. Now that we have a healthy squad with quality depth, the players on bench are not used like Bartra and Montoya.

Zincubus

Banned
When Masch joined us he already accepted his role as a backup and for Pique and Puyol he said he has no problem with his role at the club. This guy is loyal. He even took a pay cut to join us.

I am really confused with our coaching staff. Last season we had a small squad but we suffered because of injuries and we have no other options. Now that we have a healthy squad with quality depth, the players on bench are not used like Bartra and Montoya.

Agreed .

Also Mascherano has arguably been one of our best 5 players over the last 18 months or so IMO.

I love the guy and he's so adaptable .

oz187

Alves is the best RB in the world, he should stay. The club is rich, it doesn't need the money. There's plenty of time over the next couple of seasons to fully integrate Montoya into the first team. As it is Adriano is an excellent back up for both full backs. Selling Masch would be stupid, having Song and Barta to step in if Puyol and Pique both get injured is a bad idea. Evan a new CB, even someone like Hummels marshalling the defense in their absense would also be a bad idea. If Puyol is in good health(the fact he signed a new contract says he is) then he would probably be first choice alongside Pique. In which case any defender bought in would be 4th choice. Getting a cheaper defender and not someone like Hummels may be the best option. Or buy no one if Bartra is up to it.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Verratti's agent linking him with possible summer move to Barca (or Man Utd). the guy has barely played for PSG and his agent is already trying to negotiate new terms lol

also, re Hummels, he's a bit overrated defensively, but look at this run and assist he just dished to Reus:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xxk109_doblete-de-reus_sport#.UR_FUx2nB8F

Verratti plays often enough, played very well in the CL tie vs Valencia, if he's going anywhere it's back to Serie A for sure, he supports Juventus & was linked with them not long ago, also would be a perfect vice Pirlo with the potential to actually be better which is insane.

I would love him at Milan, a mixture of Xavi/Iniesta in one.

khaled_a_d

player swaps (+cash) don't happen much these days

i wonder why

(answer is agents don't see as much money from such deals)

It happens a lot in Italy ,but such a deal need interest from both teams ,and players ,it isn't easy as you think ,we had one few years ago ,yes the famous Ibra for Eto+40M swap

It is also a family thing too ,his wife hates living in England and wanted back to Argentina ,so a compromise was to go to Spain ,Barcelona the city is known for being beautiful place ,it is helping the team a lot with this personal factors :party1:

Zincubus

Banned
We need to get shut of Sanchez in the Summer - if anyone will take him .

He's been inept again tonight . Missing easy chances and now they've gone straight up the other end and scored .

We are losing against Granada !

Zincubus

Banned
Sanchez signed his own ticket out of Barca tonight .

Another thing I noticed tonight is that the Granada keeper was wearing metal studs - thought they were banned ?

Home of Barca Fans