Transfers and Rumours - old thread

F

Flavia

<s>@</s>barcastuff <small class="time"> 29 m
</small> Reina (Napoli, on loan from Liverpool): "Transfer to Barcelona postponed for a year? It's always a good time to play for Barcelona." [cope]

:smiley_scared:

mazp

Seems like the Luiz rumors are heating up.

"With Bayern no longer interested, Barcelona are now favourites to sign Chelsea's David Luiz in case he leaves the English club. [mail]"

mazp

If we get our pressing back, the defense shouldn't have a problem, no matter who's back there. We won 2CL's with Masch and Toure playing at the back.

Co0ter

I'd take Koscielny any day of the week over Luiz....cheaper and faster. There are so many CB's out there; not many truly world-class available ones but definitely cheaper and better than Luiz. I don't hate Luiz, I just think we could do better.

When Agger is healthy, which he was for most of last season, I rate him better too. For young CBs...we missed out on Marquinhos, and Doria is too slow.

F

Flavia

Barcastuff
Newell's Old Boys defender Santiago Vergini (24) could only be an option if Barcelona decide to buy two centre backs this summer. [el9]

That would be perfect.

Richard.H

Barcastuff
Newell's Old Boys defender Santiago Vergini (24) could only be an option if Barcelona decide to buy two centre backs this summer. [el9]

That would be perfect.

Does this imply we are already in talks with Tata's first choice CB, and Vergini is simply a second choice?

Zincubus

Banned
I can't believe the negativity surrounding David Luiz , he's improved massively in all aspects of his game over the last 12 months and offers so much more than the normal run of the mill CB . The Chelsea fans love the guy , to legend status and it's just lucky for us that Jose just doesn't rate him . Jose does prefer no nonsense "stoppers' though .
Somebody mentioned previously that if we get our old pressing game back with a few modifications David Luiz will be great in our defence especially learning off Puyol !!!!

Home of Barca Fans