Transfers and Rumours - old thread

F

Flavia

<s>@</s>barcastuff
Main centre back options of Martino are David Luiz, Agger, Vertonghen, in that order. Vermaelen, Kompany, Inigo didn't make final cut. [md]

I hope this is accurate, as vermaelen is off the list :p

But my order would be the opposite: Vertonghen, Agger and then Luiz.

KluivertsBoots

Expect something definitive on Cesc shortly. United are putting in a club record bid with attempt #3. United insiders on Twitter acknowledge this is a very odd pursuit, but they are translating the silence of the player himself as encouragement (only others at the club have commented). Clearly, United is getting encouragement from somehwere in the Cesc/FCB camp to place three bids. Odd.

ceefoo

But my order would be the opposite: Vertonghen, Agger and then Luiz.
Same here Flavia! :beer2:

Vertonghen and/or Agger would be a dream considering there is no chance of us signing Thiago Silva now.

Hope this list is true, apart from the Luiz part. Can we finally be making some progress at last? :dance2:

Shegzy

<s>@</s>barcastuff
Main centre back options of Martino are David Luiz, Agger, Vertonghen, in that order. Vermaelen, Kompany, Inigo didn't make final cut. [md]
i don't think liverpool will want to sell agger after carragher retirement,he is their only first choice cb remaining and they themselves are looking for replacement for carragher,if they sell agger they will need to look for 2cb's that are capable of adapting and starting immediately. Don't know why mangala and nkoulou are not on that list.mangala would not be more expensive than luiz. i think it will be luiz or verthogen we would get in the end.

If I'd be Barcelona I'd try anything to get Barzagli as short term solution until a fitting player becomes available. Yes he is already 32 but was one of the best defenders in the world last season. Could very well have 2 very good seasons in him and maybe next season there is already the right CB on the market and he can become a great depth player. Vertonghen started very good for Tottenham but showed a major weakness against quick and fast players. If you look at the Basel game, he got owned several times. He is very well suited for the EPL but not for La Liga. Agger signed a new contract 9 months ago and Liverpool already lost Carra and are looking to boosten their CB options, don't think there is any chance of getting him. Luiz is a joke of a CB. Very good going forward but his positioning and everything is simply not good enough.

kollegah

ok guys the following statements are not by me, i got a dude in spain whos has contacts to several people close to barca
heres what he told me (i dont guarantee theyre real, but seems logical to me)

-David Luiz is no option for barca too "attack" minded, too expensive
-theres no list of options as published by different newspapers
-barca still looking for "the" cb, new coach apparently prefers someone from southamerica or seria A (italia)
-staff prefers someone with a name, vilanova was obsessed with thiago silva, but never ruled out other options, never mentioned adriano at cb
-only option from england is daniel Agger, but barca wont overpay that much, a number about max 29mil. floating
-tata impressed by marc bartra, highly possible he will increase his playing time

Martino could meet with Marc Bartra to explain him that, despite the planned signing of centre back, he counts on him for this season. [md]

seens legit.

Meitux

Martino could meet with Marc Bartra to explain him that, despite the planned signing of centre back, he counts on him for this season. [md]

seens legit.
I'm not convinced by Bartra,he looks shaky most of times.He needs to go on loan and get more than than he will get here,even if he gets playing time in Barcelona he won't get so much to improve significantly.

psychotsek

I really don't know why Nkoulou isn't even considered as an option. I mean he is young he has pace,physicality and also a couple of seasons as a starter at OM.

Meitux

Because they aren't interested enough of searching for someone good.They always try the impossible names,and they try more so at the end when they fail,they will say that they tried until the end....

Last edited:

barca1899

Talks on a transfer of David Luiz have started. A Barcelona director could soon travel to London. Sources say possible deal next week. [md]

Home of Barca Fans