Transfers and Rumours - old thread

barca1899

To ward off interest from Barcelona, Chelsea ask 52M for Brazilian centre back David Luiz (26). [sunday people]

Only 52M? That's a bargain! :rosell::zubi::mou:

SwiftGuyver

If we really want to buy a CB from Chelsea, why not Gary Cahill ?

mj-laughing.gif

DennyCrane

To ward off interest from Barcelona, Chelsea ask 52M for Brazilian centre back David Luiz (26). [sunday people]

Only 52M? That's a bargain! :rosell::zubi::mou:

meh, club should cough it ip. Or did anybody really expect that we weren't going to be taken to the cleaners now that everyone and their mother knows that we desperately need a CB. Unless of course Zubi has a flash of wit and decides to just pay the release clause on I. Martinez or some other random decent defender and be done with it already.

Meitux

meh, club should cough it ip. Or did anybody really expect that we weren't going to be taken to the cleaners now that everyone and their mother knows that we desperately need a CB. Unless of course Zubi has a flash of wit and decides to just pay the release clause on I. Martinez or some other random decent defender and be done with it already.
Considering from what options we have right now getting someone just to get someone isn't best idea but certainly we can't bring the best options.And i say so cause it doesn't make any difference not having some with bringing someone that can't perform.We need someone at least good,surely at this moment there aren't really world class options out there but we need someone who can be trusted.

This price for Luiz is just too much for me,i never really trusted him.The expectations are really high considering of how bad our defence is or how our defenders perform.

B

BlaugranaCule07

There has to be other defenders with great potential at a cheaper price. Does the club have scouts???

Meitux

There has to be other defenders with great potential at a cheaper price. Does the club have scouts???
Its all we got actually,players with potential and Agger or Luiz and some other like Vermaelen:)facepalm:).But we just seem to look only the already knew names rather than trying enough to find and risk for someone with potential.If he is cheap we have nothing to lose really..

Zincubus

Banned
Holy crap , now I'm worried !!

@barcastuff: Philippe Senderos (Fulham): "If Barcelona would call me, I would walk there." [ser]

DennyCrane

Considering from what options we have right now getting someone just to get someone isn't best idea but certainly we can't bring the best options.And i say so cause it doesn't make any difference not having some with bringing someone that can't perform.We need someone at least good,surely at this moment there aren't really world class options out there but we need someone who can be trusted.

This price for Luiz is just too much for me,i never really trusted him.The expectations are really high considering of how bad our defence is or how our defenders perform.

That's my point really, just get a decent defender one can rely on. I. Martinez has a 30 mil. release clause and that's overpaying by a mile but still, that's just what you get when you operate in the market like Barca does it. We have lost every shred of credibility in the market already by targeting high-profile players even when their clubs basically told us to fuck off before we even arrived. Every step we take from here on out, we'll overpay. The question is just on whom and what the limit is.

If we want to overpay on a decent CB who is young, talented and shapeable, we get I. Martinez. If we're feeling generous and like to gamble, we buy Mangala for 50 and pray that he turns out to be the best thing since sliced bread. If we want to spend lower but gamble more, we buy Papadopoulus for 20-30 and hope that he's even half the player he was before his injury.
The alternatives are to keep bidding on Luiz and watching Chelsea ramp the price up or in equally vain attempt try to unsettle either Subotic or Hummels. I don't even want to think about Agger who spent what feels like half of his career injured or Vermaelen who I simply don't want.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

That's my point really, just get a decent defender one can rely on. I. Martinez has a 30 mil. release clause and that's overpaying by a mile but still, that's just what you get when you operate in the market like Barca does it. We have lost every shred of credibility in the market already by targeting high-profile players even when their clubs basically told us to fuck off before we even arrived. Every step we take from here on out, we'll overpay. The question is just on whom and what the limit is.

If we want to overpay on a decent CB who is young, talented and shapeable, we get I. Martinez. If we're feeling generous and like to gamble, we buy Mangala for 50 and pray that he turns out to be the best thing since sliced bread. If we want to spend lower but gamble more, we buy Papadopoulus for 20-30 and hope that he's even half the player he was before his injury.
The alternatives are to keep bidding on Luiz and watching Chelsea ramp the price up or in another vain attempt try to unsettle either Subotic or Hummels. I don't even want to think about Agger who spent what feels like half of his career injured or Vermaelen who I simply don't want.

Would rather pay 52m for Luiz than anywhere near 30m for Martinez who is not good enough for Barcelona and has none of the attributes that the defence needs just now.

If they paid even 20m for him it would be a terrible transfer, he just isnt good enough.

Zincubus

Banned

The alternatives are to keep bidding on Luiz and watching Chelsea ramp the price up or in equally vain attempt try to unsettle either Subotic or Hummels. I don't even want to think about Agger who spent what feels like half of his career injured or Vermaelen who I simply don't want.

Is there any news on Agger's latest injury , incidentally ??

He was carried off after yesterday's friendly , he hurt himself body checking someone in the dying seconds .

Doobs

The Messiah
[ÚLTIMA HORA] David Luiz se convierte en nuevo jugador del Barça por 40 millones. El fichaje se hará oficial el próximo martes.

Marca.

Home of Barca Fans