Transfers and Rumours - old thread

AfricanBavarian

What is your opinion on Mandzukic?

Top CF or no?

Wouldnt call him a top CF but he does everything a manager would want a striker to do. Links up well with the midfield, harasses defenders, almost automatic when scoring headers, and a work rate that is unmatched. But he lacks the top class finishing consistency and individual brilliance to be a top CF in my opinion. He hadn't scored more than 15 goals a season till he moved to Bayern so you can tell he needs heavy service to score.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I'd love for us to sign him, so he can be that tall striker in front of Messi for our Plan B, helping us to break down the bus with his prolific headers.

However, I don't think Mandzukic would be happy as a sub, that's why he is thinking about leaving Bayern (his alleged issues with Pep is secondary I think). He is vying for the starter position.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I stand corrected, apparently Mandzukic is leaving mostly because of his belief that he doesn't suit Guardiola's play style and he felt he couldn't succeed there no matter how hard he tries.

Courtesy of BZ:

"Lots of things have been said and written about my status, especially before the German Cup final in Berlin. I can tell you that even before that, 8th May I think it was, together with my agent I had a sit down talk with K.H. Rummenige. That time I told him I decided to change clubs and I thought it was the right thing to do to tell them personally so we could together decide what to do.
It is known that I'm not eager to constantly address what the media is writing. I think it was OK from me to tell the club leadership what I decided to do and I told them on time. Bayern was fantastic for me, it's a fantastic club. Until very very recently I didn't even consider leaving and especially leaving right away. But let's be honest, the playstyle that Guardiola likes for Bayern doesn't really suit me as a player. After the first match against Real in Madrid I definitely figured out that no matter how hard I try in that style of football I can't show my best. When that is the case, I don't feel very good and it's best for everyone to part ways.
Thank you to the club that even offered me a contract extension, thank you to Guardiola who is a great coach and I honestly want everyone the best in the future. Bayern and it's fans will always be the most beautiful story of my career. Now it's time for new challenges."

If he doesn't like Guadiola's style of football, there is no way he would choose us.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Rome's new asking price for Benatia allegedly 61 mio. € :D :D

If it is 40 -45M barca will try. 61M is off the mark for someone who is that old. Never happening. He is not worth it. Hell even Thiago silva and Kompany are not worth that money. Only clubs like PSG can buy him. That is our whole transfer budget. If we do that we will not buy any one else.

hulinat

If it is 40 -45M barca will try. 61M is off the mark for someone who is that old. Never happening. He is not worth it. Hell even Thiago silva and Kompany are not worth that money. Only clubs like PSG can buy him. That is our whole transfer budget. If we do that we will not buy any one else.

Our transfer budget is 120M

Icarium

Lifestealer
I just read United offering £160,000 per week and a rumored £27m for Luke Shaw... He is just 18 years old. Do they think he is the best left back or what. Transfer fee might be understandable because of competition from other clubs and Southampton not wanting to sell him. But £160,000 per week is some crazy money for a 18 year old.

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead
I just read United offering £160,000 per week and a rumored £27m... He is just 18 years old. Do they think he is the best left back or what. Transfer fee might be understandable because of competition from other clubs and Southampton not wanting to sell him. But £160,000 per week is some crazy money for a 18 year old.

Who is 18 years old?!

Home of Barca Fans