Transfers and Rumours - old thread

zanela

I don't think Sabatini genuinely believes he'll receive a bid to match his quoted price, or he thinks his player is worth that much. His intention in doing so was to invite the potential buyers to come up with an offer worth considering. No one is going to give him 60M+ €, neither this or next season, and Benatia isn't getting younger. A 40-45M bid should and will get him. Sabatini may play hard ball, but he's not stupid.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

The 61m comment was to mock city, I think. As they can't spend more than 60m because of ffp, or something like that.

Kohe321

I don't think Sabatini genuinely believes he'll receive a bid to match his quoted price, or he thinks his player is worth that much. His intention in doing so was to invite the potential buyers to come up with an offer worth considering. No one is going to give him 60M+ €, neither this or next season, and Benatia is getting younger. A 40-45M bid should and will get him. Sabatini may play hard ball, but he's not stupid.

I wish we could just launch a 45m bid and get done with it. Bartomeu spoke about us being able to spend 120m, but so far we haven't even made a dent in that budget, especially considering we're getting 36m in (or 33?) from the Cesc sale...

If Benatia can be had for 45m, make it happen!

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
The 61m comment was to mock city, I think. As they can't spend more than 60m because of ffp, or something like that.

You know what Flavia, I'm starting to think that the 50M for DL was a settlement between PSG and Chelski so that Chelski have a bigger 'official' budget to spend on new players. They just invent new tricks to bypass the rules - they could have made the DL deal for an even bigger amount of moneyz, but people are suspicious already that Lulz was sold for 50M.

ebc_99

I wish we could just launch a 45m bid and get done with it. Bartomeu spoke about us being able to spend 120m, but so far we haven't even made a dent in that budget, especially considering we're getting 36m in (or 33?) from the Cesc sale...

If Benatia can be had for 45m, make it happen!

Exactly, we should pay 45m and surely Roma will not turn that down. If City or someone ends up buying him for that price it will be very frustrating.

ebieymjunior

Exactly, we should pay 45m and surely Roma will not turn that down. If City or someone ends up buying him for that price it will be very frustrating.

Third that. 45 is not bad for him. Then we can get someone like Miranda/Mathieu, while Bartra and Ié grow.

onzeXI

Exactly. That comment is 10 days old.

“The €30 million figure spoken about by his agent to me is only the value of one foot.

“So we expect €60 million, maybe even €61 million, faced with that money I can not guarantee that he will stay.
“We say the fair price is €61 million. Who wants to come to us with that offer?”

Forza Italian Football

onzeXI

You know what Flavia, I'm starting to think that the 50M for DL was a settlement between PSG and Chelski so that Chelski have a bigger 'official' budget to spend on new players. They just invent new tricks to bypass the rules - they could have made the DL deal for an even bigger amount of moneyz, but people are suspicious already that Lulz was sold for 50M.

Sure. PSG is more than willing to help Chelsea out especially when PSG are facing penalties. They're buddies. Makes sense to me. :facepalm:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Sure. PSG is more than willing to help Chelsea out especially when PSG are facing penalties. They're buddies. Makes sense to me. :facepalm:

I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine... kind of thing :shrug:
I'm trying to, even if it's far fetched, find an explanation for why on earth Lulz was bought for 50 freaking million euros.

onzeXI

I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine... kind of thing :shrug:
I'm trying to, even if it's far fetched, find an explanation for why on earth Lulz was bought for 50 freaking million euros.

Don't try to figure out why. It may be rational to PSG, but that doesn't make it rational. And I don't see any reciprocity by Chelsea to make it advantageous to both sides.

Home of Barca Fans