Trincão

vegitot

Oh it's Puig who is free, not Alba

After he started his sprint he was never able to deliver a pass to anyone, as most other players are still fairly intelligent, they see that there are no openings and leave the space open for when the ball can get there later (Griezmann, who I rarely have anything good to say about, at least sees this)
After running away from the first three players, his intention should be to keep the ball, everybody sees this. Instead he tries a stupid feint which wouldn't work even if he did it perfectly, while being crowded by 4.

You having the gall to say that I'm centered around Puig btw...

Funny you discredit his great dribble then complain it is a dumb move. He beats 4 PSG players then realizes he has no help so he decides to beat another one to have an shot attemp but is tackled. It is great individual skill from Trincao anyway.
Puig is fresh yet he doesn't make any help and even slower than Trincao with the ball lol.

Bobo32

Puig is helping if he only raises his head
Typical situation of one player saying fuck it and going all by himself, well at least some are happy with his move

mc_lovin

I maintain what I said from the beginning: his ball manipulation is top notch. Hes not a lost cause like Gomez ;P I wouldnt mind going into the season with him and Dembele as our RW options.

vegitot

Puig is helping if he only raises his head
Typical situation of one player saying fuck it and going all by himself, well at least some are happy with his move

Trincao knows Puig is useless. How can even help when you run slower without the ball than someone who carry the ball.

Porque

Puig is to Bobo32, what Xavi is to Victor Dont.

Jokes aside Bobo32 is making a good point and is correct in alot of his assessments (bar Puig being a top 5 current mid obv).

The sad reality is that if Trincao had looked up and passed, that the attack would in all likelihood had fizzled out quicker.

It's actually a positive that he tried to take a bit of impetus and responsibility.

vegitot

Puig is to Bobo32, what Xavi is to Victor Dont.

Jokes aside Bobo32 is making a good point and is correct in alot of his assessments (bar Puig being a top 5 current mid obv).

The sad reality is that if Trincao had looked up and passed, that the attack would in all likelihood had fizzled out quicker.

It's actually a positive that he tried to take a bit of impetus and responsibility.

It is far from dumb play like Bobo32 said.
Anyway his dribble is pretty similiar to Iniesta's in 2015. Except Iniesta had Neymar in front of him when Trincao has none (though he may want to do it all by himself)
QF4u.gif

behindbrowneyes

He definitely deserves to start a few games. Whether on the right wing instead of Dembele, dropping Griezmann or something else.

Just a brainfuck idea: FDJ as DM instead of Busquets and Trincao replacing Frenkie as box to box.

Bobo32

Not surprising to me that you don't see the difference, but Iniesta is keeping his head up the whole sequence, having the pass to Masch/Busq in his head at first but since it is covered he advances. Since Pepe sells himself, he advances further, and after that he's just looking for the right moment to pass anyone in the front three.
While Iniesta is breaking free, Trincao is just running into more press.
Neymar is doing the exact movement Griezmann is doing btw, had Trincao been able to play it towards him, he would surely attack. But as you see, Trincao had his head down the whole time, and was also under pressure.
edit: perhaps most importantly, had Real defended Neymars run, Iniesta wouldn't sperg out and try to run towards the byline, but find any of the wingers or Rakitic with an easy pass (none of these players are sprinting btw)

Last edited:

vegitot

Not surprising to me that you don't see the difference, but Iniesta is keeping his head up the whole sequence, having the pass to Masch/Busq in his head at first but since it is covered he advances. Since Pepe sells himself, he advances further, and after that he's just looking for the right moment to pass anyone in the front three.
While Iniesta is breaking free, Trincao is just running into more press.
Neymar is doing the exact movement Griezmann is doing btw, had Trincao been able to play it towards him, he would surely attack. But as you see, Trincao had his head down the whole time, and was also under pressure.
edit: perhaps most importantly, had Real defended Neymars run, Iniesta wouldn't sperg out and try to run towards the byline, but find any of the wingers or Rakitic with an easy pass (none of these players are sprinting btw)

Griezmann asks for the ball when Trincao is still surrounded by PSG players. When he dribbles past them all, he has no one up front.
Iniesta dribbled past all then Neymar started make a run.
Difference is Iniesta was better but also he had more options at that time. Trincao has none. Griezmann stops to run foward. Puig is turtle on the left. Of course Trincao himself wants to finish that.

Last edited:

Xaviniesta

He definitely deserves to start a few games. Whether on the right wing instead of Dembele, dropping Griezmann or something else.

Just a brainfuck idea: FDJ as DM instead of Busquets and Trincao replacing Frenkie as box to box.
wouldn't mind that but im afraid trincao would lose too many balls

Home of Barca Fans