Trincão

Messi983

I still hope he'll do well for Wolves to develop but not well enough for them to buy him.

With how Hwang (have no idea why we've shown no interest in him when available on loan) has done for them so far I'd guess they would prefer to buy him next summer (according to TM they have a buy option) but OTOH Trincao is Portuguese who we all know they love so I sadly believe he's gone.

JamDav1982

People talk about how slow he is but he can beat his opponents by pure skills with ease. His technique and dribbling skills are brillant.

Folk are absolutely obsessed with Barca players being slow.

Has been claimed about Araujo in past, Fati etc.

Even now Nico is made out to be some sloth when he is actually quite quick on and off the ball particularly for his size.

Eric Garcia is a another one. Not nearly as slow as made out yet some would have it as if he is like Busquets at CB.

Any new player that does not come in show pace of Traore is deemed slow or lacking pace.

Porque

If he is not scoring or assisting then he wouldnt really be improving the results here had he stayed.

But he would definately have given more balance to the attack with us not having an attacking right option right now.

I think he will become a very good player with productivity, but we dont have the time or finances (more importantly) to hold Trincao as a project.

It is what it us. 30m and get the profile of what Dembele should have been might be more suitable.

Bobo32

If he is not scoring or assisting then he wouldnt really be improving the results here had he stayed.

But he would definately have given more balance to the attack with us not having an attacking right option right now.

I think he will become a very good player with productivity, but we dont have the time or finances (more importantly) to hold Trincao as a project.

It is what it us. 30m and get the profile of what Dembele should have been might be more suitable.

Scoring and assisting depends a lot on circumstances. He didn't do any of it at Wolves yet, but last season he had both a better goal and assist per minute than Depay does this year.
He had a lot of shit games, but he mostly got his last-twenty-minutes-subs in a team that was not well drilled from the start. It was tough for him, but I think he could be at least decent as a wide winger, he would do it better than Dest right now for example.

OVI9323

[tw]Xavi wants Trinc?o back in January. Bar?a will have to convince Wolves, who paid 6 million euros for his loan. The coach thinks that Trinc?o is developing very well at the English side, but needs him for his project. [r?cord][/tw]

Xavi wants Trincao back in January. Barca will have to convince Wolves, who paid 6 million euros for his loan. The coach thinks that Trincao is developing very well at the English side, but needs him for his project. [record]

Messi983

Would like to see him return as I'm still pretty high on Trincao but don't buy these rumours. Don't think he's a type of winger Xavi is looking for and I seriously doubt Wolves would let him go as he's quite important for them.

Don't think they've actually already pay us a loan fee though. From what I've understand (could be wrong though) they have a 29m buy option at the end of the season but if they'll decide not to buy him then they'd have to pay us 6m. So from that standpoint cancelling his loan could be easier.

Should have thought about this in the summer though and 1. not give Wolves a buy option and 2. include a re-call option in January if things would change either at Barca (like it happened) or at Wolves (if he wouldn't play much for example).

behindbrowneyes

Trincao-situation is a sign of how planless our summer was and that letting Messi go wasn't the plan all along. It made sense to let him go on loan with Messi staying, but with Leo leaving it made all sense in the world to keep Trincao as Dembele is well known for his injury-proneness (and was already injured at that moment IIRC).

Of course he had quite a high salary for the role he played last year and reducing costs to keep Messi was priority, but they failed miserably doing so. Man, Trincao would have been useful in the last few months. Would've probably already played more this season than the whole last season.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Trincao-situation is a sign of how planless our summer was and that letting Messi go wasn't the plan all along. It made sense to let him go on loan with Messi staying, but with Leo leaving it made all sense in the world to keep Trincao as Dembele is well known for his injury-proneness (and was already injured at that moment IIRC).

Of course he had quite a high salary for the role he played last year and reducing costs to keep Messi was priority, but they failed miserably doing so. Man, Trincao would have been useful in the last few months. Would've probably already played more this season than the whole last season.

Salary was only one of the big issues with Trincao, the other was that he simply hadn't earned minutes as a wide attacking player - especially when he spent the majority of his time cutting into the middle. It's evident even in the Premiership where despite having more space to run into than he has in Spain, he continually plays centrally the majority of the time. Compare that to Konrad who barely was used in place of the Portuguese player who hugged either touchline. It's a similar issue Demir has and why he likely would've benefitted from some seasoning with the B team. So there is the sporting aspect & financial aspect.

The mental aspect, frankly, surprised me - I saw him to be a bit fragile which did not reflect the character he demonstrated throughout his youth

Messi983

Thinking about this situation more IF Xavi's interest in his return is genuine I think it could be done. If anyone can do it it's probably Mendes with all his connections at Wolves. They're basically his club. He can return Trincao and sell them another Portuguese winger. Trincao probably disliked how Koeman managed his situation but I don't think he has any bad feelings towards Barca so he'd gladly return if Xavi would be clear with what plans he has for him. Could also see him taking pay cut if asked.

Now about his role in the team if he returns. If Xavi will use 343 quite regularly (433 will probably still be main formation when everyone available) I wonder if he could also be used as a wide RM who cuts inside with a true winger like Dembele in front of him.

Looking at formation in this video https://twitter.com/DirectoGol/status/1457836271427112964 he could play where Pedri is penciled in (and Pedri could move inside alongside Busi or FDJ).

Either way, Xavi would have a lot of tactical options and I think he'd find a way to get the best out of Trincao.

behindbrowneyes

Salary was only one of the big issues with Trincao, the other was that he simply hadn't earned minutes as a wide attacking player - especially when he spent the majority of his time cutting into the middle. It's evident even in the Premiership where despite having more space to run into than he has in Spain, he continually plays centrally the majority of the time. Compare that to Konrad who barely was used in place of the Portuguese player who hugged either touchline. It's a similar issue Demir has and why he likely would've benefitted from some seasoning with the B team. So there is the sporting aspect & financial aspect.

The mental aspect, frankly, surprised me - I saw him to be a bit fragile which did not reflect the character he demonstrated throughout his youth

Agree on cutting inside, but Koeman killed his confidence. Trincao scored 3 goals in a stretch of ~one week against Betis and Alaves. As a reward he got benched against PSG (understandably) and in the home game against Cadiz (!), only getting a combined 28 minutes in those 2 games. That's not how you treat a player that's about to catch momentum. He got a start in the game after, but after that he got reduced to a late sub role when we were chasing desperately for a goal or the game was already won. Of course he was bit a unlucky, because that was about the time when Koeman "invented" the 3-4-1-2 and was quite successful with it for some time.

Home of Barca Fans