Trincão

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Maybe he suffers from Pedri comparisons. Dont think he is all too bad. Gets into scoring positions a lot somehow(correct me if I am wrong)

Their early trajectories are odd tbh. Pedri came in with a lot of promise owing to his Primera experience and Trincao perhaps even higher from Braga due to comparisons to a young Mahrez. Even in pre-season it looked as if Trincao would make an instant impact at Barca while Pedri seemed to struggle adjusting to what was being asked of him. Fast forward 3-4 months later and tremendous difference in what the two provide to the team

Trincao, I had been very impressed with his background at Braga and what he showed early on but I noticed that when he went from being a late substitute to growing expectations to create a goal his form continued to drop. Then when he became a starter, his confidence appeared to really flatten from when he looked aggressive & proactive. Now, he looks a shadow of his old self. Young players can have this happen but I have to say I am a bit baffled by his struggles - he looks nowhere near the player he was this pre-season much less at Braga

Is he going through something personal or has he been weighted down by the expectations/criticisms? Unclear but his confidence looks shot to me and he is a non-factor the majority of time he is on the pitch. I rarely see him taking his man on from the flank, preferring to cut into the middle which negates his purpose to begin with - this is very different from what he was doing early on. Is that down to instruction or lack of confidence?

At this point I prefer seeing Konrad tbh as someone needs to combine with Dest on that right side

vuji_31

He can be good player but obviously not in the Barcelona.

He is nit winger for 4-3-3. More like 4-4-2.

Mahrez is 3x times better at dribbling , shooting and more unpredictable.

Agilty and speed also

Sorin

He is 21. His biggest problem is decision making, he has decent qualities otherwise. He is let down by poor decisions after some solid play. As the match progresses he is then stuck trying to compansate his previous mistakes by trying too much. He needs to calm down and forget past mistakes, play it simple and only when the situation calls it, take it one on one with the defender.

Andresito

Staff member
Not that I think very highly of him. But the comparisons with Mahrez got me interested.

Mahrez was playing in Ligue 2 for Le Havre until he was 23 when he left for Championship side Leicester.

Trincao joined Barca at age 20. So there's still plenty of time for him to become a useful player, maybe not for Barcelona, but at least for a Europa League side.

fergus90

Not that I think very highly of him. But the comparisons with Mahrez got me interested.

Mahrez was playing in Ligue 2 for Le Havre until he was 23 when he left for Championship side Leicester.

Trincao joined Barca at age 20. So there's still plenty of time for him to become a useful player, maybe not for Barcelona, but at least for a Europa League side.

There have been numerous players like Luca Toni, Vardy, Kante, Mahrez, Ian Wright etc that were playing relatively low level until their mid 20s etc that ended up having good careers. I think Trincao could benefit from a loan and consistent game time.

vegitot

Trincao now, is a good dribbler only. Nothing more than that. He needs more and more times. Either at Barca or loan to other clubs.

behindbrowneyes

He just needs games. His time at Braga has come when there was that coach who started him game after game. That was the time he was racking up assists and goals. I don't think he is a bad player, but I'm always skeptical towards players coming from Primeira Liga. I still remember how hyped Mangala, Renato Sanches, Joao Mario and many others were. Look "where" they are now.

Like I said early in the season. It's a bad situation for him and the club. It would be the best for his development to loan him to another La Liga team to get regular game time (more than being a sub), but the club needs him because of injuries although he is not a big help atm because he is lacking end product.

serghei

How about waiting a season? Be patient. Hes not Pjanic where you would expect immediate performances.

That's the problem though. Everyone expects these young players to deliver right away as if they're some Neymar or Mbappe.

You want that instant impact, pay up 100 - 150m and even then you might have surprises. If not, be ready to invest time in these players. And even here, no guarantees. That's the game every club is involved in. Look at Madrid. A lot of game time put into Vinicius, dozens of starts, and he's far from a sure thing and still very inconsistent with pretty poor finishing and end product, despite his speed and dribbling ability. Same with Rodrygo, albeit in a different profile. Consistent game time, no sure pay-off yet.

For this to work though, we come back again to needing a top technical staff that knows to properly evaluate payers. You need the right men to see these players week in week out, and project if they will improve to the expected level or not.

Last edited:

FC433

Should have played tonight! I still believe that he is a good player, and I more than happy to see him get his chances.

Messi983

He is 21. His biggest problem is decision making, he has decent qualities otherwise. He is let down by poor decisions after some solid play. As the match progresses he is then stuck trying to compansate his previous mistakes by trying too much. He needs to calm down and forget past mistakes, play it simple and only when the situation calls it, take it one on one with the defender.

Yeah, I think he acutally has high football IQ (in comparision to someone like Dembele at least) but he's just overthinking things instead of trying to keep it simple.

Rory

Send him to Wolves for a year. Adama is nothing compared to his last season. Going to a team surrounded by some sort of familiarity (all the Portuguese) might do his confidence some good. Playing in the prem will do him and us some good and fighting for a place in the xi against a decent winger but one that isn't world class SHOULD make him push himself all the time in training.

vuji_31

Send him to Wolves for a year. Adama is nothing compared to his last season. Going to a team surrounded by some sort of familiarity (all the Portuguese) might do his confidence some good. Playing in the prem will do him and us some good and fighting for a place in the xi against a decent winger but one that isn't world class SHOULD make him push himself all the time in training.
Doubt he could dribble anyone, concidering how athletic premier league is

Home of Barca Fans