UEFA Champions League 2014-15

spark

Game Always goes the same whenever I watch Chelsea, they play anti football based on results, do nothing but defend then score a fluke goal and bring home the win. I Always feel they have the players to play beautifull football yet its Always towards results only in big games. Bit of a waste.

Its a valid criticism in league games but in the CL thanks to the away goals rule I wouldn't blame them there. If we had been a bit smarter away from home against Inter or Chelsea this generation would have retained the Champions League at least once as it deserved to.

Bertus

Meh, Psg havent created that much, dont know why people praise them so much for the first half.

Dunno why either.

Besides Verratti, no psg player is having a decent performance. And that says a lot since Verratti doesn't get many balls to work with.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Meh, Psg havent created that much, dont know why people praise them so much for the first half.

Created roughly three times more than Chelsea.

PSG played better in the first half. Chelsea just scored in about the only chance they got.

And PSG isn't playing particularly crisp either.

gatsu

Bayern problem is except Robben they have no player who can make individual difference, and thus there is little change of rhythm, they will struggle against tactical defensive approach.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
You'll never go far with a static Ibrahimovic leading the line, never runs in behind or troubles you, if you are a physical defender you have him on lockdown, much easier to defend when everything is infront of you.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
It's criminal how Verratti gets marginalized though. Pisses me off. You'd think it would behoove them to run their game through their best midfield player.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Anyway did you guys see how luiz changed the position of the ball in Ibra fk?

Okay found a vine

[VINE]https://vine.co/v/Ox53OrqibL7[/VINE]

Morten

Bayern problem is except Robben they have no player who can make individual difference, and thus there is little change of rhythm, they will struggle against tactical defensive approach.

Isnt Ribery a very good dribbler? Could create some trouble on his own.

DrPepper

I haven't been paying full attention but how can people say chelsea are playing anti-football? Doesn't look like it to me

Yeah, completely stupid to claim that a team having 53% of the ball is parking the bus or playing anti football. But well, people just like to hate Chelsea.

Probably undeserved lead but thats it really.

Bertus

It's criminal how Verratti gets marginalized though. Pisses me off. You'd think it would behoove them to run their game through their best midfield player.

He doesn't look Marginalized to me.

It's just that PSG has no real tactics with the ball besides trying to ignore their own midfield because chelsea is packing players there too. PSG struggles against any teams that mostly play defensive.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I hear this way to often, that the fbs and wingers are poor crossers. Rarely heard anyone praise a fb for crossing, only hating. Maybe its harder than people think.
Never said it wasn't difficult. Plus Iva is a natural CB, it's even harder for him. I've seen him put in better crosses with his left than his right actually. :lol: At the end of the day it doesn't matter if he's praised worldwide, our fans know how good he is and he's been solid for us for ages now.

Chelsea ain't playing anti-football at all today, we're just defending pretty well and get numbers back when not on the ball as well as not attacking especially well. PSG do the same thing actually but attack better.

Bertus

Yeah, completely stupid to claim that a team having 53% of the ball is parking the bus or playing anti football. But well, people just like to hate Chelsea.

Probably undeserved lead but thats it really.
There's no underserved lead in football.

If you can't score, you lose. That's all it is about.

Alen

Definitely, like Atletico for example. But for big clubs with money it shouldnt be acceptable, you want nice football as well. Atleast for me thats the case.

Yeah i guess, but i don't think they're that depressing this year. Aren't they like the best attack in the CL?

Home of Barca Fans