UEFA Champions League 2014-15

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Of course it is not always luck. If you go into games with the only goal being to not concede a goal and you accomplish it so often, there is good defending behind it.
And sure Courtois is there to save shots. But if you place clear cut chances from close distance well on target, then there should be no possibility for any goalkeeper to react.

Today PSG was able to create chances but could not convert them. Your goal was to prevail chances and you did not accomplish that. So there was plenty of luck involved.

I

instinct

What a boring matchday it was.

Nothing wrong with Mou's pragmatism. Of course it's not great to watch but in order to achieve success he plays it safe. Legit. No doubt in my mind that Chelsea will go through even though they don't have Ba anymore.

Bayern :lol:

Blessing in disguise that Alonso is suspended. If Thiago is fit, it'll be a much better Bayern side. If they concede one unlucky goal, things could become ugly for them though. Should really have scored an away goal.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Of course it is not always luck. If you go into games with the only goal being to not concede a goal and you accomplish it so often, there is good defending behind it.
And sure Courtois is there to save shots. But if you place clear cut chances from close distance well on target, then there should be no possibility for any goalkeeper to react.

Today PSG was able to create chances but could not convert them. Your goal was to prevail chances and you did not accomplish that. So there was plenty of luck involved.
Of course, but a lot make it out as if it's all luck(not today's game, our "lucky" performances over the years in general, which supposedly happen all the time). It's just not that bad. We're doing something right if we're able to get these results often is all I'm trying to say. :p

Ursegor

World Champion
Of course, but a lot make it out as if it's all luck(not today's game, our "lucky" performances over the years in general, which supposedly happen all the time). It's just not that bad. We're doing something right if we're able to get these results often is all I'm trying to say. :p

Your tactics are great tbh. Mourinho taking a page from Di Matteo's book who made it to the CL final with 10 men. To emulate that feat Mourinho has signed Fabregas.

spark

Your tactics are great tbh. Mourinho taking a page from Di Matteo's book who made it to the CL final with 10 men. To emulate that feat Mourinho has signed Fabregas.

So how long is this Fab obsession going to last ?
8znb.png

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I wonder if Mourinho will start dropping him. Surely he isn't blind to the fact that Cesc isn't performing in the big games.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yeah I saw that, disgusting. Chelsea fans outside of West London are probably better fans than those there.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Cesc is never going to be good as a CAM at Chelsea, he's not exactly blessed with pace and dribbling, he doesn't have the time to turn and pick players out, and he has no one to one-two with from midfield (if Hazard played well maybe, but...). You need to play him deep so he has space on the ball and can pick out Oscar, Hazard, Costa etc. but of course Mourinho wanted to be defensive and played two DMs, neither of whom is good going forward, he basically gave up on the attack

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Shakhtar hadn't played a competitive game for two months until today against Bayern (who are IMO the top team of the world by distance)

They never cease to amaze me that team.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If Schalke are to get anything from their games against Real Madrid then Di Matteo need to bring out his bus and big dose of luck and tell his players to finish their chances or else face castration.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Ramires is fine going forward actually, he's no DM at all, he's just better at defending than Cesc. Oscar wasn't totally fit which is why he didn't start, he didn't play at Everton either I believe. I'd have played Ramires anyway even if Oscar was fit, Cesc is the guy you use to terrorize sides who aren't top 4 England material.

Home of Barca Fans