UEFA Champions League 2014-15

Bertus

Such a rubbish game. PSG should have buried their chances and would have been comfortably in the lead heading into London. Courtious(sp) is amazing. Saved Chelsea from embarrassment.
Courtois is awesome but we already knew it.

Sirigu was awful as always in comparison.

Slow to react. Very bad with his feet.

And still that weight problem. And no one in that fucking club will ask him to lose some.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Said this in the Bayern thread: Shakhtar could be real threats for a huge upset (round of 16 exit for Pep fucking Guardiola???). The good news for Bayern is that his hands are tied for Schweini-Alonso, the bad news is he's been wacko enough recently to pull some other shit that damns Bayern to an early grave. Bayern's fate is entirely in their own hands but I really don't trust this version of Pep to be clear and approach this with even an ounce of pragmatism.

Would be funny if Martinez just comes back to replace Alonso in the lineup for another shit double pivot setup ahead of a 5 man defense. He really should make use of Thiago though. It might be a blessing to have a proper playmaker in the middle of the pitch, providing an incentive for Pep to play a better system (though he hasn't played much for Bayern, his presence has made them better as a whole almost every time he's played unless he was at CDM).

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
PSG really deserved more than 1-1 today, Very surprised at Bayern's piss poor performance against shakhtar, but we all know Bayern will blow them away at the allianz. Chelsea will park the airplane at stamford bridge

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Said this in the Bayern thread: Shakhtar could be real threats for a huge upset (round of 16 exit for Pep fucking Guardiola???). The good news for Bayern is that his hands are tied for Schweini-Alonso, the bad news is he's been wacko enough recently to pull some other shit that damns Bayern to an early grave. Bayern's fate is entirely in their own hands but I really don't trust this version of Pep to be clear and approach this with even an ounce of pragmatism.

Would be funny if Martinez just comes back to replace Alonso in the lineup for another shit double pivot setup ahead of a 5 man defense. He really should make use of Thiago though. It might be a blessing to have a proper playmaker in the middle of the pitch, providing an incentive for Pep to play a better system (though he hasn't played much for Bayern, his presence has made them better as a whole almost every time he's played unless he was at CDM).

their team is built for a standard 4-2-3-1. don't know why he doesn't just keep things simple and effective.

Ursegor

World Champion
Pep instilling that prime Pep CL away form into Bayern. Pep. :worthy:

Lolonso. :worthy:

You'd think Barca already lifted silverware this season with the arrogance of some fans.

Not even a month ago people entertained the idea of Mourinho coaching Barca. :lol:

Last edited:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Everyone always screams luck, but the thing is, is it really all down to luck? Think about it, people always say "Chelsea always do this in their matches, they do nothing but defend, score a fluke goal and are lucky not to lose/to win because the team they play always miss their chances." So if it always happens, note the keyword "always", are we really that lucky every single time? Or is it that it's difficult for a team to bury all their chances after getting though due to how we're playing or due to a good goalkeeper? No shit some of it is lucky, I can't deny that at all, I've seen more of our games than pretty much everyone here, and at times we can have a lot of luck, but seriously, a team cannot be that lucky that many times for what, something close to 10 years now? No team is as lucky as you make us out to be, none. I mean other things said like, "Chelsea are lucky Courtois saved them," yeah well, I'm pretty sure the reason you have a top class goalkeeper is so that he can, well, save shots in case the other team has chances, maybe...? I dunno, it's puzzling, why is Courtois doing that?! Damn you Courtois!

In any case, the defending for the goal we conceded was horrible, no doubt. Mourinho would have been absolutely livid and the team will have gotten a mad spray after that. I expect a lot better in the return leg.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Wow, surprising, Mourinho said we deserved to lose today. Well he's not wrong, but no fucks given, since we escaped with a draw. Thank you lady luck!

Home of Barca Fans