UEFA Champions League 2014-15

R

Ryu Hayabusa

The domestic league shows the sign of strenght of a team in most cases. If in the CL final from 2013, Dante gets a direct red for a K1 kick on Reus, Bayern is out of the game most likely. Cl depends a lot on luck, favourable draws, refereeing decisions and a lot of other factors that are out of your control. The league less so. Dormund won the league back to back in 2011 and 2012 and with big margins (7-8 points each time) and that pretty much shows they were a better team than Bayern in that time frame.

No. They won all games against Bayern in those years. That alone are 12 points difference in itself.
Also, at that time, most German teams played BVB with great naivete. Over the past two season most teams came to the realization that it's best to leave them the ball as without the opportunity to counter-attack, they are essentially toothless.

Deco10

Porto vs Bayern , we are done :(
It sucks that our game is in the same day as Barca-Psg. I won't be able to watch the Barca games

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
No. They won all games against Bayern in those years. That alone are 12 points difference in itself.
Also, at that time, most German teams played BVB with great naivete. Over the past two season most teams came to the realization that it's best to leave them the ball as without the opportunity to counter-attack, they are essentially toothless.
Surely you mean 6 pts period season? Not 12.

JamDav1982

Fact is bayern can now rest all their players as theyve won their league. So there players will be fresher than ours. They have an advantage. And they got an easy draw again. Bayern are the most dangerous team in the competition.

Or it could work against Bayern having no real tough games and playing in a comfort zone.

It could be harder for them to react if face adversity against a top side as rarely will have faced that.

Compared to the likes of Barca, Real etc who have all had to change their games as weaknesses have been exposed throughout the season.

Bayern may well get to the so finals having not played a top European team all season.

xavi_the_Boss

Great arguments, serghei.

Guess, Bayern has nothing to fear when they face us either. No relevant titles since 2013, knocked out in the quarter finals in the CL last year, lost the La Liga final at the Camp Nou, lost the CdR, got a humiliating trashing vs Bayern in 2013, were knocked out by Chelsea in 2012 and so on.

Using the Dortmund game as an example is odd. Bayern didn't even participated in this match because the league was already won but whatever. The matches vs Real are pretty much the only matches in the past few years where Bayern got humiliated. They lost the CL in 2012 after a penalty shoot-out and went on to win the treble in a beyond convincing manner. Sealed the league title and the cup last year but got knocked out by Real Madrid in the semi-finals whereas we didn't even made it through the quarters plus no sane person thinks that Pep will made the same mistakes again.
Bayern is underrated here, very underrated. Nobody says that we can't beat them but to say that we'll smash them or that we have nothing to fear about is stupid, especially when you try to base your arguments on the titles and games they have lost in 4 years even though our list of lost games and finals is probably even longer.

So Wolfsburg never happend?

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
+6 BVB, Bayern not gainin 6 = 12 points difference.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that sounds logical. :D
I don't think that makes sense. For that to make sense, Bayern would have to lose 3 points for each game lost.

It's just +6 BVB. +0 Bayern. 6pts difference.

serghei

Anyway, we shouldn't fear Bayern the same way Bayern should't fear us. I would want Bayern in the semifinal, not in the final.

likeafire

Or it could work against Bayern having no real tough games and playing in a comfort zone.

It could be harder for them to react if face adversity against a top side as rarely will have faced that.

Compared to the likes of Barca, Real etc who have all had to change their games as weaknesses have been exposed throughout the season.

Bayern may well get to the so finals having not played a top European team all season.

Thats true. Its hard to raise your game when youve been playing in your comfort zone all season.

I still hope we get monaco in the semis though.

Home of Barca Fans