UEFA Champions League 2014-15

Leo_Messi

For all this talk about Bayern then they have only managed to win the CL once in the past 13 seasons of CL football. They also lost 2 CL finals in that same period. 1 against Inter in 2010 and the other at home against Chelsea in 2012 where they choked badly.

I would like us to draw them in the semifinals. According to the local Catalan and Spanish media the players want to meet Bayern this season and kick them out just like during the 2008-09 season. They would like revenge for that embarrassing performance in the semifinals during the 2012-13 season. As much as Bayern want revenge against RM for their embarrassing semifinal tie last season.

gatsu

Like said not an easy draw and not a hard one, ATM, Real and Bayern (even Juve) are way more difficult.

If we keep our form we should get through without much worries.

serghei

For all this talk about Bayern then they have only managed to win the CL once in the past 13 seasons of CL football. They also lost 2 CL finals in that same period. 1 against Inter in 2010 and the other at home against Chelsea in 2012 where they choked badly.

I would like us to draw them in the semifinals. According to the local Catalan and Spanish media the players want to meet Bayern this season and kick them out just like during the 2008-09 season. They would like revenge for that embarrassing performance in the semifinals during the 2012-13 season. As much as Bayern want revenge against RM for their embarrassing semifinal tie last season.

Yep, I would take Bayern in the semifinals as well.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Okay, but they also won the CL twice in the past 14 seasons.
And how often did FC Barcelona manage to get to the CL final three times within just 4 years? Exactly.
See, I can interpret facts to my own liking as well.

Leo_Messi

Like said not an easy draw and not a hard one, ATM, Real and Bayern (even Juve) are way more difficult.

If we keep our form we should get through without much worries.

Not "way more difficult". That's ridiculous. On their day PSG can beat any team. PSG is only behind FCB, Bayern and RM. Everyone else is a weaker team IMO. People are underestimating them a lot.

I rather play this current version of Atlético than PSG.

Anyway does anyone have a statistic about which players that are suspended and who is in risk of suspension if they receive another yellow card? I only know our statistic. Alves is suspended for 1 game while Rakitic will be suspended if he receives another yellow card.

Okay, but they also won the CL twice in the past 14 seasons.
And how often did FC Barcelona manage to get to the CL finale three times within 4 years?
See, I can interpret facts to my own liking as well.

You can but what I wrote is correct.

This talk about Bayern being invincible is ridiculous.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

What i wrote is also correct.

Also, nobody claims Bayern to be invincible.

Yannik

For all this talk about Bayern then they have only managed to win the CL once in the past 13 seasons of CL football.

I like this sort of statistics.
"Bayern won it once in 13 years, that is bad."
Now extend it to one year and it would be
"Bayern won it twice in 14 years, that is rather normal."

however, what happened 13 or 14 years ago, or even 5 years ago is not very important as you dont start matches with a 1-0 handycap in your favor because history speaks for you.
I would rather appreciate to see both in the final, would be a hell of a fixture.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

I like this sort of statistics.
"Bayern won it once in 13 years, that is bad."
Now extend it to one year and it would be
"Bayern won it twice in 14 years, that is rather normal."

Yes, and in the past 38 years only 2.:mou:

I could have said 10 years. The point would have remained the same. A lot of people seem to talk about Bayern München like some all-conquering force that have dominated the CL 10 years in a row winning almost everything along the way. That's far from being the case. Even in recent years.

RM won 5-0 against them last season in the semifinals. FCB this season (current version at least) are IMO better than RM last season. There is no need for that pessimism. I definitely believe that we can defeat BM and I rather play them than RM IMO in a possible CL-semifinal tie.

Silas

Stylistically, Bayern would be very interesting matchup for us. They are probably the only team who would have a chance to beat us at our own game and dominate possession.

B

Batman

not ideal but decent draw for us. We played them when our team was going through transition and we did well then. We are in form now, I won't think it will be problem beating them both legs. Verratti and Ibra missing their home games also Motta, Matuidi and Luiz one yellow card from suspension.

lol at Madrid! Carlo will play the same tactics and will lose both legs. Simeone will focus on UCL since it will be the only trophy to play for.

Devils

PTSD from the 7-0 aggregate. If we make it past PSG, I hope we draw Bayern. Would give the team a chance for sweet revenge.

I was hoping we would draw them this round over PSG. And yeah if we make it past PSG, I really want us the draw Bayern in the semis.

They've been so exposed through effective counter attacking football over the past year. I have no doubt that if we play the same style we did against Atletico or City that we would be able to take them down.

I would love to see it.

Home of Barca Fans