UEFA Champions League 2014-15

poldep

This is def not a good draw. I can see us getting to the final but what about the La Liga games? We will be so tired while RM can win in Italy and rest players in the return leg.

RevoTeller

Fuck this! :(
Bayern was the worst possible scenario, because we have to play at Allianz Arena now: Bayern are much easier to defeat in a single, direct match, like the Final.

FC B

Horror draw imo because we face Bayern with the return leg at their stadium and because Mierda is playing the weakest of the four with the return leg at their stadium...

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Fuck this! :(
Bayern was the worst possible scenario, because we have to play at Allianz Arena now: Bayern are much easier to defeat in a single, direct match, like the Final.

Playing the first leg at home has its own advantages. Teams go through after playing home first lots of times. See the semis last year.

F

forcabarca

FCB vs FCB...Woah... But most of the guys here always thought we would do better against Bayern in a two legged format.

But how does Madrid almost always get easy draws?!!!

BBZ8800

Things have changed a lot since those previous encounters though. Both teams with new coaches, new players, just lots of change. It's completely open in my opinion. Neymar, Suarez and Messi can score many goals against anyone on a good night, and our defense can be a tough nut to crack for anyone on a good night as well.

This is going to be insanely exciting to watch.

But again, things change every time.

Just two examples:
-- imagine Barca playing against Bayern and Man. Utd
-- and they play each 5 years
-- in 1990, 1995, 2000, 2005, 2010, 2015
-- so, EACH time both teams will have different player and different coaches, slightly different tactics, different circumstances

-- now, imagine that after 10 matches against Man Utd each 5 years (with lots of different teams, players and coaches from both teams), we have:
-- 5:5 against Man. Utd
-- and let's say 1:9

Now, when you will face again Bayern and Man. utd in 2015, of course that you will have new teams and players, and everything can happen.
But knowing that EACH time in a history you had new players/coaches, and that you lost more or less each time to XX team:
-- would you rather play against a team against whom you have:
a) 10:0 score
b) 5:5 score
c) 0:10 score

That is my point.
It DOESN'T mean that we will lose, but historically, Bayern is the team who always created the BIGGEST amount of troubles to our team, no matter of the coach was Cruijff, Van Gaal, Pep or Tito.

That is the point.

I can understand the points from some guys, but it is silly to totally ignore historical facts.
And these facts are not from 1920, but from 1996, 1998, 2009 and 2013.

While 2006 may look like centuries ago, our team was more or less the same as today, in overall/general philosophy.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So we play at home first? The key is not to let Bayern score any away goals, I will be happy with a 0:0 draw. Then we try to fend off their waves of attack in Munich.

hardyboy

The only good thinh i can think about us getting Bayern is that Neymar and Leo will be motivated as fuck for the revenge..

Home of Barca Fans