UEFA Champions League 2014-15

ebc_99

It is hard to say how good Bayern are, the last time they met a top class team was against Real last year and they got thrashed. Atleast we have had a recent match up against Real and know where we stand, with Bayern it is still a question mark. I do think though our performances against city where more dominant than Bayerns but that is all we have to go on.

I fancy us to go through, we were in horrible form 2 years ago and didn't have Suarez or Neymar or a fit Messi, I don't think Bayern's defence will enjoy playing those guys.

rixxer

Sure, but the return leg at Allianz will be a hell of a match.

Yeah, like last year it was for Real.... oh, wait.
Considering injuries that Bayern have, it is better to face them in semis than in a month. Just an optimistic thought.
Downside is that after return leg we will face Atleti at Calderon in La Liga....

Hamzah

High Definition Member
So we play at home first? The key is not to let Bayern score any away goals, I will be happy with a 0:0 draw. Then we try to fend off their waves of attack in Munich.

We can beat them at home just like madrid did last year. Then see it out in munchen

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
In the last 2 CL encounters the winner of the tie went on the win the title ... Barça in 2009, Bayern in 2013.. :)

Definitely the death tie, for both teams, with the disadvantage of playing 2nd leg in Allianz for us.

poldep

If the final will be against RM, it will be hard to watch. It's going to be nerve-wracking, but I'll try.
but what if the c*nts win, damn :(

Hamzah

High Definition Member
It is hard to say how good Bayern are, the last time they met a top class team was against Real last year and they got thrashed. Atleast we have had a recent match up against Real and know where we stand, with Bayern it is still a question mark. I do think though our performances against city where more dominant than Bayerns but that is all we have to go on.

I fancy us to go through, we were in horrible form 2 years ago and didn't have Suarez or Neymar or a fit Messi, I don't think Bayern's defence will enjoy playing those guys.

Yeah in 2013 we played the best bayern of all time and we wre in a total mess. People forget how many injuries we had, bad atmosphere with the cancers etc. players not interested in their football etc.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
But again, things change every time.

Just two examples:
-- imagine Barca playing against Bayern and Man. Utd
-- and they play each 5 years
-- in 1990, 1995, 2000, 2005, 2010, 2015
-- so, EACH time both teams will have different player and different coaches, slightly different tactics, different circumstances

-- now, imagine that after 10 matches against Man Utd each 5 years (with lots of different teams, players and coaches from both teams), we have:
-- 5:5 against Man. Utd
-- and let's say 1:9

Now, when you will face again Bayern and Man. utd in 2015, of course that you will have new teams and players, and everything can happen.
But knowing that EACH time in a history you had new players/coaches, and that you lost more or less each time to XX team:
-- would you rather play against a team against whom you have:
a) 10:0 score
b) 5:5 score
c) 0:10 score

That is my point.
It DOESN'T mean that we will lose, but historically, Bayern is the team who always created the BIGGEST amount of troubles to our team, no matter of the coach was Cruijff, Van Gaal, Pep or Tito.

That is the point.

I can understand the points from some guys, but it is silly to totally ignore historical facts.
And these facts are not from 1920, but from 1996, 1998, 2009 and 2013.

While 2006 may look like centuries ago, our team was more or less the same as today, in overall/general philosophy.

You have made your point loud and clear now give it a rest with the wall of stats.

Yeah, the odds are gravely against us, but history and stats mean nothing when the first whistle is blown. The players from both sides will give their best and go for a win.

Our most difficult games this season. Let's fight our heart out and beat Bayern.

Egert

Estonian Culé
We all knew RM would get the easiest job. I just hope we can keep Bayern on 0 at home. We can't let them have that away goal. It will be an interesting match. I was watching the draw live with my mate on his phone and when I saw Barca get Bayern, I just fell down on the floor :lol: Do you guys think we can beat them this season?

Home of Barca Fans