UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid vs Atalanta

FCMessi

The 2nd team would be something like
Vasquez-Valleho-Alaba-fran in D?
with 38yr old Modric, Ceballos, Brahim in md?
and with Arda-Endrick in attack

And you think this is a top CL team? :lol:

Christ, a Barca forum made up of Madrid covert fanboys

even the top UCL teams have fillers on a few positions here and there.

if you split their top 11 to 2 teams and sprinkle in some filler players.

Look at Barca, No top RB, DM, #9, LW. Still managed to stay alive and kicked in UCL for awhile.

Birdy

even the top UCL teams have fillers on a few positions here and there.

if you split their top 11 to 2 teams and sprinkle in some filler players.

Look at Barca, No top RB, DM, #9, LW. Still managed to stay alive and kicked in UCL for awhile.

We might be having more holes in the squad, I agree with that

But saying they have 2 top cL teams is outrageous

FCMessi

We might be having more holes in the squad, I agree with that

But saying they have 2 top cL teams is outrageous

Just envy of RM's precision transfer spending: Vinicius, Rodygo, Bellingham, Guler.

Compare that to Coutinho, Griezmann, Pjanic, FDJ, Torres, Malcom, Roque.

Olmo hopefully not another failed transfer.

RM surely had their share of failed transfers but Barca seems to have done way worse.

Blanco

I’ve always thought the Real Madrid tax had him in the best discussions to be honest.

Post ACL it’s obviously a bit too early to judge.
He is nowhere near good enough after ACL(just look his match against Sorloth), in 2022/23 he was incredible, only then though. In 21/22 Militao and Alaba were doing everything possible to fail the team, but Courtois, midfielders and attackers were doing miracles to outscore their mistakes.

Our worst player considered starter by a mile at this point.

FinBarcelonafan

Just envy of RM's precision transfer spending: Vinicius, Rodygo, Bellingham, Guler.

Compare that to Coutinho, Griezmann, Pjanic, FDJ, Torres, Malcom, Roque.

Olmo hopefully not another failed transfer.

RM surely had their share of failed transfers but Barca seems to have done way worse.
Vini and Guler were both close to Barca I think

fergus90

He is nowhere near good enough after ACL(just look his match against Sorloth), in 2022/23 he was incredible, only then though. In 21/22 Militao and Alaba were doing everything possible to fail the team, but Courtois, midfielders and attackers were doing miracles to outscore their mistakes.

I’m not surprised that’s the opinion. He switches off a lot.
Ferland Mendy on the other hand doesn’t get much plaudits but is defensively a beast.

Horatio

You're welcome

ah I might have been right about militao then but got the seasons confused. @ImadEdd

Who was real player that was injured, people thought it would cost CL, but his sub did really well, then player came back and cost them/or almost cost them cl due to blunders?

was either 2021/2022 or 2022/2023

JamDav1982

Indeed as said at time.. that Real Madrid defence was terrible but bailed out in CL time and again by attacking players and Courtois.

FinBarcelonafan

Did anyone else notice after the 2-0 goal where Bellingham run to his own corner looking for glory(look at meeee) but everyone followed Mbappe and celebrated with him? I know, a small thing, but I think for Barca and Atletico, we really need their egos to clash.. Yes potentially a very small thing but I couldn't help but think, Bellingham used to be the "shit". Now he is in Mbappes shadow. Get used to it. It's Mbappes team.

There are some big egos in that team. Can they hold it together?

Please.

Vini, Mbappe and Bellingham. That's a soup with good potential to explode in a bad way.

Horatio

You're welcome
Did anyone else notice after the 2-0 goal where Bellingham run to his own corner looking for glory(look at meeee) but everyone followed Mbappe and celebrated with him? I know, a small thing, but I think for Barca and Atletico, we really need their egos to clash.. Yes potentially a very small thing but I couldn't help but think, Bellingham used to be the "shit". Now he is in Mbappes shadow. Get used to it. It's Mbappes team.

There are some big egos in that team. Can they hold it together?

Please.

Vini, Mbappe and Bellingham. That's a soup with good potential to explode in a bad way.
disgusting

Blanco

ah I might have been right about militao then but got the seasons confused. @ImadEdd

Who was real player that was injured, people thought it would cost CL, but his sub did really well, then player came back and cost them/or almost cost them cl due to blunders?

was either 2021/2022 or 2022/2023
It was Alaba against City in 22/23, but they were going to beat us anyway. In the first match Rudiger was marking Haaland and did pretty well, everybody expected him to start again at the Etihad, but it was Alaba.

El Gato

Villarato!
I’m not surprised that’s the opinion. He switches off a lot.
Ferland Mendy on the other hand doesn’t get much plaudits but is defensively a beast.
Mendy won't get plaudits as has more or less been the same since started. Hasn't improved on ball since 2022ish, just got a bit more reliable on health so starts through lack of alternatives. Apparently now some consider him worth a renewal on basis of being able to keep the side locked down and nothing else

Haraldinho

They always face a club when they are weak. Never at their peak. Week bayern weak dortmund.

The same thing hapenned during CL, they avoid big teams and play them when they are weak or with many missing.

Complete blessed club.

Moreover they play shitty football. Like a more technical kick and rush.

Home of Barca Fans