UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid vs Atalanta

fergus90

I follow the Madrid forum on Bigsoccer, they do not rate him. Lots of anxiety about the central defense positions.

He hasn't fully regained his pre-ACL form yet. The Villareal game and the pre-season naps still haunt the fans.
I’m not surprised. I just don’t see it with him to be considered top class. Decent yes.

I think he automatically gets put in those discussions because he plays for Real but in reality is a lot shakier than you’d expect.

ajnotkeith

There are CBs in the SPL better than Araujo on ball.

Teams are actively seeing it as a weakness for Barca and trying to exploit it.
That is the problem, Araujo can't distribute, and a lot of the time the team gets caught out because he makes bad passes.

It's helpful if he is paired with a CB who can play the ball like Cubarsi but then teams have tried to shift the ball away from his pair and give it to him.

It's probably a weakness that will never change much and going to cost the team in buildup but his 1v1 defending and physicality is second to none so big tradeoffs.

ajnotkeith

We're probably going to struggle this season. Mbappe looks like he fits in fine and will score a boatload of Liga goals.

It's such a shame because seeing the type of business Madrid do, it's not like they spend massive amounts of money.. they just make sure they have their finances in order when they sign the best players rather than a lot of decent ones.

They're being run too well and have a great manager to boot who suits their team.

Our only chance will be to stay consistent against the other teams in the league and we'll have to start very strong. Flick's more vertical football doesn't seem that well suited to grinding out results against LaLiga clubs though, he will probably perform good in CL and bad in Liga.

Home of Barca Fans