UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid vs Atalanta

ajnotkeith

I’m also concerned about Atletico to be honest. They’ve refreshed their squad this summer and usually show up once every few years as contenders.
I almost think if club end up finishing 4th or something like that it will start to provoke Laporta into making the big decisions that need to be made on the squad.

We need to start seriously evaluating whether it's worth to sell some players and to be more willing to make difficult sales in order to rebuild our squad. We only try to sell deadwood but my opinion is the club would be better off if they could sell one of Pedri or Gavi for very big money. Players like Araujo and Raphinha would also have interest, then even guys like Fermin or Balde, doesn't mean you sell all of them, but we need to start evaluating those offers seriously and stop avoiding difficult decisions.

Barca is a club that would normally be in the running for the very best players like Bellingham or Mbappe but every time they come around in the last few yrs our finances are never in order, as we don't make healthy sales and we spend too much money on squad players.

Birdy

What is this meltdown after a not so important final we all knew Madrid would win?

I watched only the last 40 min of the game, and Atalanta were like a different team from the team that played the EL final against Leverkusen.
And that's on top of the obvious squad quality gap between the teams.

What were you expecting really?

Horatio

You're welcome
What is this meltdown after a not so important final we all knew Madrid would win?

I watched only the last 40 min of the game, and Atalanta were like a different team from the team that played the EL final against Leverkusen.
And that's on top of the obvious squad quality gap between the teams.

What were you expecting really?

loving the energy.

Home of Barca Fans