Van Persie

RedMadridista

The Troll Hunter
Technically they aren't spending 72 million pounds this year..
They're spending his transfer fee, was it 20 million? Plus one years salary.

But because his weekly wage is around 230,000 pounds + plus bonuses + transfer fee. It sums up to 72 million pounds in 4 years (his contract length).

No one knows how much he is on. I've seen reports say he's on 150k, 200k...etc.

Tembbi

This: The 73m package that lured RVP to ManU
and similar ones I've seen all over Internet the last two days. It's on pretty much everywhere.

Everyone understands it's more than 200k because City wanted to drop out of the competition.

It says a lot this guy isn't worth the deal if Sheikh Mansour is not ready to pay for it.

desoe

I don't believe he's going to sign a 235 000k contract. I mean, it would be a massive shock for me if it's true.

And I certainly don't believe there's a wage Sheikh Mansour is not ready to offer :lol:
There must be a different reason why City didn't snatch him, maybe it's Van Persie's personal desire to be a red devil, I dunno. Berbatov refused City's offer in a similar way years ago.

Tembbi

I don't believe he's going to sign a 235 000k contract. I mean, it would be a massive shock for me if it's true.

And I certainly don't believe there's a wage Sheikh Mansour is not ready to offer :lol:
There must be a different reason why City didn't snatch him, maybe it's Van Persie's personal desire to be a red devil, I dunno. Berbatov refused City's offer in a similar way years ago.

Apparently the 235,000 is with image rights, so it's actually not the club paying all of that.

And I've seen it before, Mansour only pays infinite money to players he wants. From what I've clearly understood was that RVP chose the club that was ready to offer him most money.
Berbatov chose ManU over city because he actually believed he could get some field time in ManU.

RedMadridista

The Troll Hunter
Apparently the 235,000 is with image rights, so it's actually not the club paying all of that.

And I've seen it before, Mansour only pays infinite money to players he wants. From what I've clearly understood was that RVP chose the club that was ready to offer him most money.
Berbatov chose ManU over city because he actually believed he could get some field time in ManU.

I thought Berbatov was a United fan.. and that's why he chose United?

desoe

Don't think so. United had Rooney, Tevez and Ronaldo at that time and City's forwards were Robinho, Jo, Vassel, Bellamy, Caicedo and players like that. They didn't even have Adebayor yet. So, the competition in United was lot more ferocious, lot more quality there. Plus, City offered 50K more and Berbatov still chose United.

What I mean, my theory is that City could have offered little more than United (and it's not really hard to imagine), but it could be RvP's decision to play for sir Alex. Of course, he didn't leave Arsenal just for the trophies - the money are always there, but I imagine his decision also had some other motives.

desoe

He has never been an United fan, actually he was supporting Newcastle in EPL. He chose United, because it was the bigger club. He signed for 90K per week, when City offered him around 150K as I remember.

Tembbi

I somehow remembered Berba didn't want to join City because of the new owner and he would've understood that the squad is going to be packed with good players,
meaning the competition for a start place would be too hard. I could be completely wrong. It was a long time ago, and I have no idea where I've gotten the idea from.

RedMadridista

The Troll Hunter
I somehow remembered Berba didn't want to join City because of the new owner and he would've understood that the squad is going to be packed with good players,
meaning the competition for a start place would be too hard. I could be completely wrong. It was a long time ago, and I have no idea where I've gotten the idea from.

Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez were 5667565666 times better than Citeh's strikers. Your comment is void.

Hatem Ben Arfa

You are a Man Utd fan and you think Berbatov is a Man Utd fan hahahahahahahaha :lol:

Berbatov knows what's up and supports a BIG CLUB ;)

Berbatov_375683a.jpg

Home of Barca Fans