Victor Osimhen

Saladin

Market value probably over 60 mil in terms of footballing ability, but given his situation with Napoli and Conte + less exposure in a lesser league could be the perfect storm for Deco and the club - 50 mil euros in transfer, 10m gross wages and the chance for him to make it big in the biggest club in the world.

Porque

Gala buy option is 75m.

That's them telling the rest of Europe how much they want for him.

Well, atleast they dropped from their 120-160m valuation :lol:

Windhook

Tbf 4m salary is low for a player of Osimhen's stature. His price will drop next summer, but still only a handful of clubs outside EPL could afford it. Ruling out Real Madrid as they are stacked with attacking talent.

Iniesta Ultra

For sure, but why didn't ANY club go for him beside Chelsea with that absolutely laughable offer? Sure he might have high wage demands, but I don't think they exceed 15M by much. He isn't as marketable as Mbappe and Vini et al, he ain't British so PL clubs won't pay THAT much lol - also, many British clubs slowly getting restricted by PSR and most of the top clubs have made some REALLY bad business and have shitty players stuck on long contracts who will be impossible to sell... like who in their right mind would buy Anthony for example. If you think about it, Oshi will probably not have many options. But what's strange to me is that he was willing to accept a Saudi deal while in his prime, that should disqualify him from being on our radar - even if it just was for half a season. But sure, we don't know the ins and outs - he wasn't welcome in Napoli (I don't have the facts behind that situation - is he a troublemaker or was this all down to Napoli fucking up?), Barca couldn't go for him and RM just signed Mbappe on a crazy contract and PL clubs restricted by PSR this window and Napoli was asking crazy money for him until they drastically had to lower asking prize. So Oshi actually didn't have any other choice than to join Saudi league for half a season or something and get that cash. But anyway, I think there are a couple clubs hard at work trying to get their finances alright to get him in the winter...

Napoli had his original buyout at 130M, so the prospect of him leaving on a free after this season is not something they would allow. In fact they just extended his contract to 2027 for the Galatasaray move to guarantee they'll still get the new buyout fee when he does find a top club.

Iniesta Ultra

I don't even know what you're arguing. I just said salary could be an issue.

I think he's a great market opportunity if he's available for less than 75m, provide we can sort his wages.

Osimhen only wanted/wants his Napoli wage to be continued which he has at Gala now, he wasn't even asking for an increase from Chelsea. Chelsea owners are really bad at sporting decisions.

I was looking forward to watching Osimhen and Palmer too.

Porque

Chelsea owners don't really give much of a crap. The penalty for failure to reach CL is so low in EPL with all their league rights income that they can just go along blowing money on whatever strategy they are on.

And if it all goes wrong, hey, they can sell the club for a pound like Ken Bates did.

Iniesta Ultra

Chelsea owners don't really give much of a crap. The penalty for failure to reach CL is so low in EPL with all their league rights income that they can just go along blowing money on whatever strategy they are on.

And if it all goes wrong, hey, they can sell the club for a pound like Ken Bates did.

The penalty is players like Palmer will move to a different club if consistently out of CL. And doing well football results also increases PSR capability. Idea owners don't care about doing well financially/sportingly doesn't pan out, and wealthy people have competitive egos.

Andresito

Staff member
Napoli had his original buyout at 130M, so the prospect of him leaving on a free after this season is not something they would allow. In fact they just extended his contract to 2027 for the Galatasaray move to guarantee they'll still get the new buyout fee when he does find a top club.
Where do you find they renewed him? Transfermarkt still says 2026.

Andresito

Staff member
Apparently there's not exit clause or whatever for January. He's at Gala until next summer.

Then he'll have 1 year left on contract, perhaps he'll go even cheaper than 75m.

Home of Barca Fans