Victor Osimhen

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Is it worth trying in the winter or summer?

We would have to make some big sale probably. Also Lewa still seems good for this season so maybe if he came during winter he would have to be bench for half a season, then phase Lewa out next season.
Oshi on the bench? Lewa still here next season? Where the fuck would we find the money since nobody wants to leave?

ajnotkeith

Oshi on the bench? Lewa still here next season? Where the fuck would we find the money since nobody wants to leave?
That's what planning ahead is, well, strikers are not exactly in plentiful supply, so if the chance for a long-term 9 comes up we have to investigate it.

Depending on where we are in winter buying Osimhen could even mean Lewa falls under the 50% playing time that ends his contract, if we want to think of it financially speaking.

Striker is also somewhere we'll have to address very soon because we would be lucky if Lewa continued at a high level next year.

For the money? Who knows how far we are from 1 : 1. If we're close to it, I'm sure there are some agreements to be signed, then we can get a loan to complete the transfer if need be. If not, someone like De Jong or Araujo would need to be sold.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Would be best to try and come to a gentleman’s agreement with Lewa about next season.
That's what I've been saying. Something like we can play him all we/he want this season, but next season when we bring his replacement we offer him to accept a bench role and around 7M gross - he can choose to accept or leave for a more lucrative year or two in US or Saudi.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
That's what planning ahead is, well, strikers are not exactly in plentiful supply, so if the chance for a long-term 9 comes up we have to investigate it.

Depending on where we are in winter buying Osimhen could even mean Lewa falls under the 50% playing time that ends his contract, if we want to think of it financially speaking.

Striker is also somewhere we'll have to address very soon because we would be lucky if Lewa continued at a high level next year.

For the money? Who knows how far we are from 1 : 1. If we're close to it, I'm sure there are some agreements to be signed, then we can get a loan to complete the transfer if need be. If not, someone like De Jong or Araujo would need to be sold.
FdJ won't leave, Ansu won't be bought or loaned out, Roque sure as hell won't be bought and probably nobody will even want to loan his ass next season - so who's left who could bring in more than 20M? Kounde and Aroujo - but we'll have to replace them with a quality RB and CB, not much money left tbh.

Iniesta Ultra

What is Chelsea even doing? Them and United have the most efed up transfers last couple of years...

Chelsea owners thought he'd cave, if they didn't loan buy Sancho who they don't need they could've easily given Osimhen what he deserves assuming PSR was a limiting factor.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Chelsea owners thought he'd cave, if they didn't loan buy Sancho who they don't need they could've easily given Osimhen what he deserves assuming PSR was a limiting factor.
But they just bought the strangest players on strange contracts rotating like one third of their team every season - no continuity...

MontenegrinCuler

I think our approach to Osimhen might highly depend on how we perform this season. If Hansi really makes a wonder season for this club I can see him rushing to Barça the moment we make an offer. He knows he will be getting shitload of chances to score and it easily benefits him as a player, bigger guarantees for success than anywhere else on that matter for sure. He can get a lot of goals in this system I mean. He also knows Lewy will eventually be replaced and if he performs good benching Lewa won't be a huge problem.

Also consider what clubs could be our competition in his signing. City? No, they have Haaland. Madrid? No, they have Mbappe. Bayern? Possibly, but Kane seems to still have it. Not much of a competition other clubs, but that of course also depends on how they perform.

FinBarcelonafan

If we get the Nike deal done before January and Osimhen can drop the buyout to 75mil, maybe Barca could do it.

Is he worth 75mil? I would want personally someone faster and quicker but he has tons of good qualities too.

75mil isn't a bad price today.

FinBarcelonafan

I think our approach to Osimhen might highly depend on how we perform this season. If Hansi really makes a wonder season for this club I can see him rushing to Barça the moment we make an offer. He knows he will be getting shitload of chances to score and it easily benefits him as a player, bigger guarantees for success than anywhere else on that matter for sure. He can get a lot of goals in this system I mean. He also knows Lewy will eventually be replaced and if he performs good benching Lewa won't be a huge problem.

Also consider what clubs could be our competition in his signing. City? No, they have Haaland. Madrid? No, they have Mbappe. Bayern? Possibly, but Kane seems to still have it. Not much of a competition other clubs, but that of course also depends on how they perform.

Real needs a striker badly. Osimhen would make them better.

Andresito

Staff member
He apparently has crazy wage demands. Even if we somehow afford his buyout (which currently is a lot more than 75m) wages will be an issue.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
He apparently has crazy wage demands. Even if we somehow afford his buyout (which currently is a lot more than 75m) wages will be an issue.
Who says he has crazy wage demands? I mean Saudi HAVE to pay everybody crazy wages for anybody to join them and Chelsea offered him 4M which is less than half of what he makes in Napoli lol. What more reliable info is there...?
I'd like him here, but let's see. In a way we're lucky since Napoli fucked around and found out, so they might chill this time in negotiations. Probably Oshi will also chill. Another thing to take into account is that players often make shitons of cash from sponsors/ads etc and Oshi would become a much bigger star if he moves to Barca and he/we are successful = profit. And if we can offer Ansu 12M, we can surely offer Oshi 15M and I don't think anybody else would offer him that beside RM and PSG. But we'll see, some clubs might work behind the scenes to sell players in the winter to get Oshi's signature - we will most probably not be in a position to get involved until next summer window. We would also have to start working on Lewa situation, we simply can't have a 38 year old striker at 20 something million next season - that's beyond retarded even for us.

Home of Barca Fans