Virgil van Dijk

fergus90

The only game he looked like his excellent self this season was the City community sh. Game.

Everything about our team has looked off in the first 3 league games.

There are sections of the fanbase saying that VVD's ego is harming him because he doesn't want to get dribbled past or beaten by players.

For me, it's unfair to single him out since the collective performance has been off and incoherent and it's just 3 games into the season.

Bollox. He was absolutely fantastic last season.

Ignore me, I thought I was posting in the Alexander-Arnold thread and by a while, i was referring to last few games of last season and first of this.

Defensively I know he's not great, but just gave up at points.

Zidane82

The only game he looked like his excellent self this season was the City community sh. Game.

Everything about our team has looked off in the first 3 league games.

There are sections of the fanbase saying that VVD's ego is harming him because he doesn't want to get dribbled past or beaten by players.

For me, it's unfair to single him out since the collective performance has been off and incoherent and it's just 3 games into the season.

Bollox. He was absolutely fantastic last season.

I have hardly ever seen him have a game like last night -he is usually imperious in defence and has a magnificent long , cross-field ball .

I have seen a few people suggest that he has not been quite the same since that horrendous injury though

Time will tell

Last edited:

Zidane82

He made the Eufa team

🚨 LEAKED: UEFA's Team of the Season:

🇧🇪 Courtois

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Robertson
🇳🇱 Van Dijk
🇩🇪 Rudiger
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Alexander-Arnold

🇧🇷 Fabinho
🇭🇷 Modric
🇧🇪 De Bruyne

🇧🇷 Vinicius Jr
🇫🇷 Benzema
🇫🇷 Mbapp

khaled_a_d

Think people are harsh on him tbh especially about first goal.
I think the insane hype he got is making people react this way.
He was great before injury, but people called him GOAT of defender so soon and wanted him to win Ballon etc. All this rub people in the wrong way.
Now if he doesnt make perfect play it is called out

serghei

Think people are harsh on him tbh especially about first goal.
I think the insane hype he got is making people react this way.
He was great before injury, but people called him GOAT of defender so soon and wanted him to win Ballon etc. All this rub people in the wrong way.
Now if he doesnt make perfect play it is called out

Plays a part, but he looks to be going through a bad form.

KingLeo10

There was a time when Messi and CR7 were criticized for not scoring in basically every CL game or big league game :lol:

If you want to be considered a GOAT tier, GOAT tier scrutiny comes with it.

mc_lovin

All the shit about him being a GOAT defender - or Liverpool being one of the best teams of all time - really turned everything about them sour for me. It's not earned.

Just to reiterate: Pique>>>Virgil.

KingLeo10

All the shit about him being a GOAT defender - or Liverpool being one of the best teams of all time - really turned everything about them sour for me. It's not earned.

Just to reiterate: Pique>>>Virgil.

And to put it in even more perspective, they won the same number of big titles (2) in last 5 (!) years as RM's half geriatric team won last season alone...

And RM actually beat PSG, Chelsea, City, Pool to win that CL while these jokers beat Kovac Bayern, EV Barca, and the Spurs.

Liverpool 17/18 used to be my favorite team to watch in terms of their play, but my goodness did some of their fans go absolutely over the top with just moderate success.

Catta

Liverpool under Klopp has achieved the same success as Atleti with Simeone. The only difference Simeone wasn't lucky enough to play Tottenham in a CL final, but he won one more league title, and that in a league against two of the best teams in the 21st century.

Both teams lost 2 CL finals against Real, only Atleti was much closer to winning both times. Both teams also play at their best when they are the underdog. If Liverpool is an all time great team, then so is 2014-2016 Atleti.

jamrock

Liverpool under Klopp has achieved the same success as Atleti with Simeone. The only difference Simeone wasn't lucky enough to play Tottenham in a CL final, but he won one more league title, and that in a league against two of the best teams in the 21st century.

Both teams lost 2 CL finals against Real, only Atleti was much closer to winning both times. Both teams also play at their best when they are the underdog. If Liverpool is an all time great team, then so is 2014-2016 Atleti.

Fair points.

Home of Barca Fans