Vitor Roque (loaned to Real Betis)

Co0ter

Sorry love... Even when we hit winter break and he's scored two goals of which one is a tap in and the other is a deflection of off him you lot will be saying "chill, he's only been in Spain for a year and only played half a season with Betis - he needs to find his confidence, needs to adapt to Spain, to the language, the culture, the food, the climate, the teammates, the coach..." :lol:
You could be right, but you could also be wrong. Either way, he's started 1 game and it's too early to tell. Saying a young player needs time to adjust to a new team, culture and life isn't really difficult to understand.

You rant about almost everything. Need to relax. Torres was frustrating but alright the first half season but has been garbage since. He warrants the hate. This kid has done nothing wrong, wants to play and is working hard. The logical thing to do would be give him at least a full season before going off the deep end.

Messi983

Comments from Betis fans.

Very good forward for us. Now you can put deep balls in and have the striker arrive.

Good game although he lacked the shot on goal, he is easy to score and generates a lot of danger, this one with Isco...buffff

Great match. It's nice to see him take unchecks and how well he presses. He hasn't scored. But with what we have generated it is not going to be normal. Let it continue like this.

I'm surprised at how well he deals with defenders.

This is very important. Between this and Bakambu we are once again dangerous on the counterattack. Before with WJ each counter was a step and start again because we didn't have speed.

People expect the 19-year-old kid to come here and put them in pairs. He was inaccurate in the pass several times and left some goals along the way, but the kid conveys the feeling that he is worth it and will continue to polish those things.

Very young and promising, it is true, but the objective reality is that today he missed a couple of goals that were too clear. He is fast, physically very strong and he positions himself well, not everything has been bad today. I hope he takes advantage of Lo Celso's football wealth.

He is too overexcited with the goal because the work on the field has him. If he scores we would say he played a great game and for me he played well. People are 19 years old. The body that beats Djene is something to be excited about. He has to finish faster and not give so many touches, but that can be worked on. There is a footballer here and a good one.

They gave him long balls at a disadvantage and he arrived even before the defender. He just has to calm down a little because the goals are going to come.

He wasn't successful in his shots, but I really liked his game. It's a breakthrough.

We got the Brazilian Sanote, which goes against his nature. As soon as he takes four hits and the anxiety goes away with the body he has, he is Hadrian "the emperor" in a tiny form. No jokes, good game in the "extra" of a forward (associating, fighting, stretching the team) and bad in front of the goal, but this can improve a lot.

Great player. And you don't have to be a genius to know that.

Yes and some criticize him with the movements and the pressure he makes. At only 19 years old. Some people have to see it.

It seemed to me that he played a very good game, very involved in the game, reaching shots and fighting with the defenders to give his teammates an advantage. He could have scored a couple of goals but they didn't go in, they will if he continues like this

You can have a good game but not score, and have a bad game and score 2. It gives the feeling that for many people, football is only the 2 minutes that the League puts on YouTube. Parties that go from good to bad or vice versa due to an isolated action. Likewise, for me Lo Celso's two goals are not the ones that made his game good. His great game was equally great even without scoring and beating Betis. He has done too many things well to depend on a penalty and a trick shot. And with Vítor ditto.

I'm glad that the vast majority of the forum speaks with discretion. It is true that he missed a couple of clear shots today, but having so many chances is a good sign, and being able to win duels against defenders is key to continuing to have more and more chances. He will end up scoring many goals. Today they didn't go in, but the next one might not need more than half a chance to get it in.

I was desperate that he didn't score the chances he had today, some very clear ones in which he didn't even get to shoot. But hey, three points and a new opportunity next game to improve that. Being where he should also has its merit, and he works hard. His shot gives us the penalty.

He is on the spot, he is fast, powerful and he is 19 years old. He is going to miss many chances that we wouldn't even have with another player, today the penalty was generated. Shoot without thinking twice. I like him and he is going to play lime and sand matches because of his youth, some will tell him everything in the forum like what happened with Abde.

It was bad about the wasted chance against the goalkeeper, it is also true that after the runs that are hit it is normal to arrive at the goal less fresh. Good match. He's a nuisance for defenders, he really works, he's powerful, he never gives up a ball for lost, he continually breaks his markers, he's always on the spot and on top of that he's strong on the collision.

It was a shame that he had one-on-one, but it is what has already been mentioned, only in the pressure, the intensity, what bothers the center backs and on top of that when the ball is released, the runs he gives... As soon as he manages to reduce that anxiety a little, he will make the decision better, but we see things that we haven't had those characteristics together in a single forward for a long time.

The moment you better manage this overstimulation and desire to please, you will improve a lot. It doesn't seem to me that it doesn't go more into the technical aspect, nor do I need to. The closer to the area, the more dangerous it is. You can see that he has a punching nose, bad temper in everything he does, he is well positioned, he goes very well in space, generous in the fight and pressure... Value all this in the criticism, beyond the two missed chances (one of them he earned alone from Djene, almost nothing). And 19 years old. All the room for improvement in the world.

Very important, presence. He has been in most of the team's dangerous plays, something that has not happened with DC in this Betis for eons.

It's just what we needed. You have to understand that he is in the process of formation and that he is going to miss goals.

Honestly, I am very little concerned that I have failed them, the important thing is that it is always there and things happen. It's a matter of time before opportunities arise.

He has a lot of future, I think his precision has to improve a lot because today he had 2 very clear ones that cannot be missed. Of course, the hand-to-hand fight, combination, always being close to danger... that is worth a lot of money, with nothing that improves a little you can safely go to 15-20 goals in the season

He has won three hand to hand against Jene And that is no small feat eh!! A little fast when defining on some occasions and slow on others, a matter of adapting little by little. He seems like a great addition to me, a footballer that we didn't have.

For me he had a great game yesterday, a striker like him is very noticeable there, even if he doesn't score goals. He fights everything, he tries, he stands out, etc. The defenders are always aware of him and that helps his teammates to be more "free."

He is still very young but you can see things. When Vinicius arrived in La Liga, he didn't even score a goal against the rainbow.

I really liked his game and his attitude, he is a fighter, he runs and puts pressure on the opponent with a lot of head, he didn't score yesterday but thanks to plays like that voracious pressure it is predicted that several goals will come this season.

They have to work with him to put together the shot quickly, yesterday's shot with Djené is a bad one, but if he hits quickly it would surely have gone in. Dribbling and extra touches in the area must be stopped; touch to accommodate the shot and kick. And they will fit him like hotcakes because physically he is a beast and always wins in the first meters against his pair.

It is true that in the end a striker is measured by goals, in that section yesterday was not his day, but he was a killer for the entire defense, and apart from the fact that Betis is generating quite a few opportunities, it is no coincidence that he puts himself so much goal, he knows where he has to be and fights for them all, patience as he is a child very far from his country.

He is a player who has only been in Europe for a few months, and on top of that he hasn't played. There are players who took a while. He has the qualities. I'm sure he will become a good footballer when he adapts. PS: let's remember Vinicius (FALLICIUS at the time)

He failed to execute what he had with speed and lucidity, a key issue for him to be the decisive forward that we expect, and that he himself hopes to be.
Let's see if he can also learn that with Pellegrini's help. It is something difficult because it is usually innate, and he was already in the league last season to realize the difference with Brazil. But with the engineer almost anything is possible.

Messi983

Watching highlights, he did well yesterday.

But he is over thinking in the penalty area, which is awful thing and against his former self in Paranense when he played more instinctively and on autopilot mode. It could be a confidence thing and hopefully with games and a great coach like Pellegrini, he will shake it out. Because otherwise he could turn into a Ferran Torres, which will be bad for everyone.

He doesn't seem to have confidence issues to me, just rusty after not playing much for almost a year. And nervous starting first game in front of home fans which is understandable. Clearly need to improve decision making but that's true for most 19 yo kids.

Even great strikers have missed lot of sitters in their careers, it's most important for him to get into scoring positions and I'm sure he'll start to bang goals sooner or later.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
You could be right, but you could also be wrong. Either way, he's started 1 game and it's too early to tell. Saying a young player needs time to adjust to a new team, culture and life isn't really difficult to understand.

You rant about almost everything. Need to relax. Torres was frustrating but alright the first half season but has been garbage since. He warrants the hate. This kid has done nothing wrong, wants to play and is working hard. The logical thing to do would be give him at least a full season before going off the deep end.
Not EVERYTHING :lol: But you're not all wrong, I need to chill with the ranting :)

MontenegrinCuler

Pipe the fuck down. He played 1 full game for Betis and looked promising yesterday.
Promising in terms of creating chances for himself, I agree. But not promising in terms of finishing those chances off. That could be a mental thing as well, though. So I agree we should calm down with him, he should develop under the radar and if at the end he comes any good we'll bring him back. If not, then fuck it. As simple as that.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Must say, loving the positivity in this thread lads.

Wish it was like this in all the threads to be honest.

I also think Vitor will be out there finishing off people's careers in next to no time.

In all truth, he should have finished off Deco's already. :bartomeu:

Home of Barca Fans