Wayne Rooney

Jenks

As much as I'd like to see Rooney at Barcelona, unless they're looking for a real number 9, which I don't think they are, it wouldn't be the right move for anyone involved.

abual3bed1

As much as I'd like to see Rooney at Barcelona, unless they're looking for a real number 9, which I don't think they are, it wouldn't be the right move for anyone involved.

Rooney played in midfield at some points with Sir Alex. Let's do the trade with Thiago involved.

Jenks

Rooney isn't good enough to play in Barca's midfield. He only played there for United due to injuries.

I

instinct

I'm asking the United fans here. Did Ferguson used Rooney on the right wing? And did he play good on that position? If yes, he would have the ability to change Barca's system during the game. He and Messi could always swap positions to confuse the defenders. And if needed, he could be used in the midfield (only if needed). He is one of a few strikers who can be used on different positions. He is not a player like Ibra who was only effective as a pure striker. Rooney can pass, has technical skills and it is common knowledge that his shoot is also great. He reminds me of Eto'o and if Tito would use Rooney like Rijkaard and Pep used Eto'o he could add a lot to our team because we would be even more unpredictable and he could be the impulse we need when Tiki-Taka is useless against better teams (Bayern).

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Any tactical variation that removes Messi from the center is NOT going to happen. Messi MAY move to
the right or left as he pleases but he will remain in the center ALL the time.

mixer

Any tactical variation that removes Messi from the center is NOT going to happen. Messi MAY move to
the right or left as he pleases but he will remain in the center ALL the time.
End. Of. Story.

Rooney is not an option! Why do you ever discuss this?

JackSparrow

Rooney wants to leave ManU because of his disputes with Moyes and because he wants to play as a striker and not in the midfield. So I doubt he would come to Barca to play in the midfield. And as long as Messi is here there is no room for him here.

I

instinct

753031_FC_Barcelona.jpg

How would you find this formation?

Edit: This would be the complete alternative

753036_FC_Barcelona.jpg

Of course, we would have to play Cesc and Thiago more.

Last edited:

Unbiased United

I'm asking the United fans here. Did Ferguson used Rooney on the right wing? And did he play good on that position? If yes, he would have the ability to change Barca's system during the game. He and Messi could always swap positions to confuse the defenders. And if needed, he could be used in the midfield (only if needed). He is one of a few strikers who can be used on different positions. He is not a player like Ibra who was only effective as a pure striker. Rooney can pass, has technical skills and it is common knowledge that his shoot is also great. He reminds me of Eto'o and if Tito would use Rooney like Rijkaard and Pep used Eto'o he could add a lot to our team because we would be even more unpredictable and he could be the impulse we need when Tiki-Taka is useless against better teams (Bayern).

Rooney has played on the wings for us, but he is far better through the middle.

Going off some of the comments here you would think the player in question is run of the mill nobody playing amateur football, or something. Rooney has been a monumental player of immense skill for us over the last ten years, and for the longest time if he played well, the team did, and if he didn't then the rest of the team followed suit. He's been that influential.

That said I wouldn't be too sorry to see him leave at this point. He seems to be either at the very start of a decline, or he's crying out for a new challenge. Either way you could do a lot worse than add Rooney to your team, if even if you are Barcelona.

Home of Barca Fans