Wayne Rooney

So arsenal aren't a rival?? I want rooney. Our attack would be the best in the world.

Historically they are but on the pitch they havnt been for most of a decade now, we would certainly favour selling to Arsenal over either Chelsea or City thats for sure.

Dont think it will happen though, he'll end up staying the club will say he never handed in a transfer request there was one big misunderstanding and that'll be that, not what i want to happen but i think its the most likely.

Personally i want either a huge bid from PSG or Monaco or a deal with Real Madrid that involves Ronaldo.

footyfan

Calma, calma
I really like Rooney but that's because I'm not a United fan. I know and admire his qualities but am not frustrated by his inconsistencies.

Theres a genuine concern with Rooney that has past his best already, he peaked very early and dosnt live a lifestyle conducive to longevity at the top level, weve been seeing consistent fitness problems with him over the last couple of years hes missing more and more matches and i think its a serious possibility weve seen the best of him.

I

instinct

I'm convinced that he could give 95% again. He was a player with so much talent and he still is. With the right club, motivation and lifestyle he could become one of the world's best again. It's unfair to say that he is past is best.

I'm convinced that he could give 95% again. He was a player with so much talent and he still is. With the right club, motivation and lifestyle he could become one of the world's best again. It's unfair to say that he is past is best.

Im not saying he IS past his best, im saying theres a train of thought that this MIGHT be the case, i watch the guy every week and have done ever since we signed him, his fitness problems are not myth he misses more and more games each season, his hunger to run everywhere to win the ball has also diminished and i put that down to his fitness not being what it used to be, now whether thats simply needing a change of scenery i dont know, but its been said for a while he could be one of those early developers who peak 3 or 4 years ahead of schedule.

I

instinct

Yes, I have to agree but I think that the signing of RvP is a reason for the things you mentioned too.

Yes, I have to agree but I think that the signing of RvP is a reason for the things you mentioned too.

Possibly in terms of mentally but it shouldnt have much affect really, by mentally i mean Van Persie is now the big fish and the best striker at the club after Rooney held that mantle for a few years, but Rooneys never struck me as overly egotistical in that sense, he was happy playing second fiddle for years with Cristiano Ronaldo for instance often playing out wide to compensate for Ronaldos freedom especially in Europe.

Van Persie's arrival really didnt change that much if anything for Rooney, the year before we signed RVP Rooney played mainly in the number 10 role behind Welbeck, he also played there behind Hernandez to, when Rooney first joined he played just behind Van Nistelrooy, and then Saha etc, hes always predominantly played in behind a main striker ever since he signed for us so the arrival of Van Pesie really didnt change all that much, Rooney just shifted to playing behind him instead of behind a Welbeck or Hernandez, granted though the 2 seasons Rooney did play as an out an out striker (09-10,10-11) he scored over 30 goals both seasons, so he can play either role perfectly fine.

I

instinct

No, but I read yesterday that Neymar told the press that he wants to play with Rooney and that he would strengthen every club in the world.

Further, I read that ManU wants 30m => Thiago + 12m

I think, that this rumor has more than a little truth.

BigBarcaBoy

No, but I read yesterday that Neymar told the press that he wants to play with Rooney and that he would strengthen every club in the world.

I really hope you're wrong

I

instinct

"The style of football we (Barcelona) play and the level of the players we have - we are the perfect club for the top players to join,"

"I have met Wayne on a few occasions and he seems a good guy but importantly, he is one of the players I admire most in the world. Wayne is one of the most gifted and technical players in the world.

"Of course he would improve Barcelona. He would improve any club in Europe. And on a personal level, it would be a dream to play with him."

Here are the quotes.

Maybe, I will have the forum against me but:

He is still great.

0n0mat0p0eia

No!, just NO!

Home of Barca Fans